pissing in the pool.

Let’s just say urine doesn’t introduce any more bacteria into the pool than just having people dip their bodies in it.

My thoughts turned to this exactly. Feels strange, somehow seems like a bad idea…but when you’re in a wetsuit in the ocean and have nowhere else to go, and the pee just sort of washes away…I suppose it’s OK. Have done it a few times.

BTW since we’re on the topic…and my last post was regarding the moon landing, there’s a documentary I saw, where they interviewed Buzz Aldrin. He is seen pausing strangely on the LM ladder as he descended to the lunar surface. Neil was filming him, IIRC. In the interview (40+ years after the event) he admitted he was peeing into a catheter into a suit bag at that moment, while the eyes of the world were on him. Holy smokes.

No. No! Just because it’s easy and you can get away with it and it’s ‘just a little bit’? If anyone asks why, you can tell them this is why our planet is being trashed.

NPR has actually been running a promo lately that includes a clip from a story in which the reporter says “one in four people admitted to peeing in a pool as adults” (or something like that; I’m not sure of the exact numbers). I searched their website to try and find the story from which the quote originated, but was unsuccessful.

Me, personally, no, not in an actual swimming pool. Swimming pools usually have an actual toilet not too far away anyway. I have done it on occasion in natural bodies of water (lakes, rivers, the ocean), if I’m out somewhere where there’s no actual restrooms nearby. Say when out on a boat or in a swimming hole out in the wilderness. I figure waterfowl and other animals are doing the same anyway.

As a child, yes all the time but as an adult, no way, although I piss in a lake or ocean. The water critters do so I may as well.