Pit thread for Martin_Hyde {He has been BANNED}

I don’t disagree–but I also think that requires a different sort of discipline, one that I guess I don’t have. What I found after some early misadventures on older message boards is it was very easy to, over minor snippets of detail here and there, to leak out a lot more about myself than I wanted. By the time I discovered this forum I had learned better, and it became my practice to have a very specific “technique”, maybe it is overly complex to you, but for me it has allowed me to post on multiple forums of this kind for many years without inadvertently sharing anything that could be used to identify myself–something that I was not able to do prior to developing the technique.

And yet I’ve seen this very thing done. I’ve actually done it myself as well, I’ve been involved in some very adversarial things on other forums where I have obtained personal information on other people to use defensively if I felt the need, or to provide to people who were being targeted for attack themselves to use as a way to counter.