Pitting Laziness, Procrastination, & Corner-Cutting

Strunk & White say yes. Fowler says it’s optional, but lays forth the superior logic (IMO) of having the intent of what the sentence is trying to dictate the placement of the punctuation.

Yes.

See, this is what I don’t understand. What important thing is there to say in a thread like: Should I cut my toenails? Or: It’s cold out–should I turn on the heat? And yet people flock to those kinds of threads. Because sometimes it’s fun and not everybody is afraid to speak up. We’re individuals, with opinions, and a funny bone and good, working brains. I bet most of us hop from the Toenail Cutting to Does This Prove That Neandertal and Cromagnon (sp) Mated to And Then They Tore Out my Heart and Stomped That Sucker Flat. It’s mentally stimulating. If I didn’t sometimes say what I want to add I’d feel like I was in a dentist’s chair unable to respond. I can’t imagine feeling that way for years.

My contribution to the OP is: I agree. I can’t stand triflin’ people. I hate a liar but I think I dislike laziness even worse. And it makes me especially mad when it’s me.

Thank you. Apparently pitting is appropriate to settings on certain tablets, mutant vegetables, and posters with whom you disagree as evidenced by lengthy posts and references to specific comments…not something we all wrestle with in some way.

Did you major in turd-polishing? Because you did an excellent job. A+

Wait, you broke your sex toys while moving? Aren’t they made to withstand, ah, vibration and thrusting and stuff?

No, she broke the exercise bike, so now her ass is going to get fat, guys won’t like her, and she’ll need the sex toys to get off. Reading for comprehension. Try it sometime. :wink:

I went back and read the second pitting attempt, and I’m still getting that the box was thrown hard enough to break the sextoys inside of it. Which doesn’t make sense unless they were delicate blown glass.

idk, it’s fuckin’ 330a-fuckin’-m.

heheh… blown.

I see what you di…

Oh, nevermind :slight_smile:

My ass is far from fat. In fact, I managed to fix the trainer and rode two hours on Saturday followed by a 25 mile run on Sunday. And with an ass like mine why would I need sex toys?

Methinks the ladies doth project too much.

Pics or it didn’t happen!!!