Pitting Max_S

Yes, probably.

And add a splash of racism for flavor.

Yeah, some people mistake the internet for society when it’s really just zero-stakes bullshitting with neither risk nor reward. Actual societal pressure is a crucible that - for most of us - burn away the stupidest bits of what we’ve absorbed throughout adolescence.

Another case of a “conservative” believing (or pretending to believe) that pregnancy goes perfectly almost 100% of the time. There could never be any medical emergencies that require treatment, much less failure of hormones to “rewire” the mother’s brain. Maybe she doesn’t even want it “rewired” because she doesn’t want to be a mother! But it’ll be okay, just order her to carry the pregnancy to term and her little woman brain will eventually get rewired and she’ll start acting like a good resident of Gilead, er Florida.

At least he admits it’s not his best post. That makes it AOK, right? Right?

As I get older I’ve become convinced that nothing ever gets fully burned away. Instead we just stomp it down in the ashcan of our minds. But it’s there, lurking. The Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory is one manifestation of this. But really I think of senile dementia and the truly vile and unexpected things that can come out of people’s mouths when their internal filters melt like a pile of sugar in the rain. I’ve known two different older people who never consciously said a racist thing or expressed a racist idea in their life, suddenly start spewing epithets when slightly stressed. Much to the utter, shocked horror of their adult children.

Basically some of us can look forward to becoming genuinely shitty people as we decline AND then die in horrible pain and anguish. This cheery hijack brought to you by Monday, the glorious start to the traditional work week and its never-ending toil :slight_smile:.

Yeah, I haven’t seen Birth of a Nation and didn’t notice the reference. I was very much being a smartass (dumbass, it turns out). Sorry.

~Max

Sure, asshole, sure. Guess you realized your whistle wasn’t pitched as high as you hoped.

Just sorry a normally-astute poster like @ASL_v2.0 actually is going along with your trolling bullshit there.

C’mon! He just repeated the closest thing to The Blood Libel you can accuse African American men of, a desire to rape White women so insatiable that it can only be controlled by enslavement! Who could possibly find that offensive?
I mean, he even said it was a dumbass thing to say!

Could you provide a link to the post or thread where that happened, please?

I see you haven’t been to the other forum in the last day or so.

ETA: @Monty

I have now.

A few months ago I was convinced he was a troll who got his jollies out of posting provocative racist and misogynistic shit.

Now I’m convinced he’s a true believer. He really believes that if the 12 men, good and true, acquitted the lynchers, it’s all good. If the procurement of the poison gas was in accordance with procedure, load up the gas chambers. If the law says black people are property, their rape and murder isn’t a crime.

Don’t we have another poster who says similar things about slavery? Something about slaves deserved whatever they got if they got captured because it was the law?

Not sure, you may actually be thinking about @Max_S, as I’m pretty sure that he has expressed that view.

No, not Max. Smapti maybe? Something about if he found escaped slaves, he would return them even if he could let them go and no one would ever know. He would return them because it was “the law”.

There’s someone else that takes the position ‘The law is the law is the law so it’s correct by definition’. Can’t remember the name but they also had a real problem with voluntary euthanasia and suicide.

Yes to Smapti on the first count, and I also remember the second about him as well.

Yes, that’s him. Another gem from that thread:

In this very thread, Max said he said he would not harbor a fugitive slave because it would be an illegal and therefore immoral act.

Right, fair enough on the smapti thing, I didn’t remember that. But Max also has said the same.