Pixar Short Films on ABC Family Channel-Dec 2

ABC Family Channel is showing twenty shorts from Pixar. :cool:

December 2@7:00pm Eastern time/6:00pm Central

Hmmm…I’m in the Central time zone and my cable guide (Verizon) shows it starting at 7 pm, contrary to what the website says. My guide also shows it apparently repeating 3 times back-to-back. Or are there three different “episodes”?

I’m on Pacific time and it’s starts(on Dish) at 4:00pm(7:00pm Eastern) and repeats once.

I pretty sure it’s repeated not different groupings.

I’ve seen a lot of Pixar shorts and a lot of them are fantastic. I recommend watching these (especially if they are the same ones I’ve seen). Thanks for the heads up, I will put this on the DVR.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads-up. I never would have noticed; I saw the ad for ABCF’s Xmas programming and only got as far as being astounded that Jenny McCarthy is the face of Christmas on The 700 Club network these days.

–Cliffy

I have the DVD of all their shorts up through Lifted (2006). I’d watch this showing just for Presto and Partly Cloudy. Well, that and it’s all in HD. :smiley:

This is a two-hour special that will air from 7-9 Eastern/Pacific and rerun 9-11 Eastern/Pacific. Looking at the lineup, there’s a lot of Pixar gold, but then again, there’s also the “Mater’s Tall Tales” shorts, the worst formula cartoons in the history of formula cartoons.* And this is coming from someone who liked Cars.

The lineup, according to an ABC press release:

The Adventures of Andre and Wally B (1984)
Boundin’ (2003)
For the Birds (2000)
Geri’s Game (1997)
Jack-Jack Attack (2005)
Knick Knack (1989)
Lifted (2006)
Luxo Jr. (1986)
Mater and the Ghostlight (2006)
Mike’s New Car (2002)
One Man Band (2005)
Red’s Dream (1987)
Tin Toy (1988)
Your Friend the Rat (2007)
BURN-E (2008)
Presto (2008)
Mater’s Tall Tales: Rescue Squad Mater (2008)
Mater’s Tall Tales: Mater the Greater (2008)
Mater’s Tall Tales: El Materdor (2008)
Mater’s Tall Tales: Unidentified Flying Mater (2009)
*And now, my recreation of every Mater’s Tall Tales cartoon:

MATER: Boy, look at that thing. Reminds me of the time I had an unusual occupation.
LIGHTNING: You had an unusual occupation?
MATER: Yup.
[Mater has an unusual occupation]
TWO GIRL CARS: We love Mater and his unusual occupation.
LIGHTNING: I don’t think you really had an unusual occupation.
MATER: Course I did? Remember? You were there!
[Lightning is there and something unfortunate happens to him]
LIGHTING: I still don’t think you had an unusual occupation.
[Something appears that implies the story may be true after all]

Do yourself a favor and just go buy the DVD collection. It has everything up to Lifted, and there will surely be another volume soon. The commentary on the early shorts is very interesting. The Adventures of Andre and Wally B is the first film the company that would become Pixar did, and its wonderful what they did with what they had.

Reminder bump.

Cool. I’ll definitely be watching these tonight.

I came across it by accident. Shoot, I remember when Luxo Jr. was released!

I was very surprised to see that Pixar made a censored version of Knick Knack! In the original, the bikini girl and the mermaid are, shall we say, much more physically developed. :smiley: Passagen - Nyheter & Råd inom Hälsa, Spel & Finans Sedan 1995 Apparently this was done for theater showings with “Finding Nemo”.