Planned Obsolescence

[QUOTE=Stranger On A Train

Bad design != planned obsolescene

Stranger[/QUOTE]

I got to tell you selling car parts is my bag and if it was made of something better, there by raising the price, somebody would bitch about that. If you can’t get a component they bitch. If something made of 10 components are sold individually they bitch about that. Well I am a consumer too and when some piece of plastic breaks on my DVD player you know what I do? Buy a fucking nother one. Bitching isn’t going to play my DVDs if you catch my drift.

Hey, he was bitching about not being able to get the part. I’m sure money is no object.

Man, I love machine shops. They can make anything out of metal. :slight_smile:

Now if there was only some way to derive useful work from all that bitching, you’d be a millionaire. :wink:

I’ve done a little bit of work–technical conslutting–for automotive. I don’t envy you one bit. “Oh, so we can improve the windshield wiper assembly such that it doesn’t fly off the car at high speed by going to a design that requires one more spring and two pins, but it’ll cost us $0.18 more per unit? Never mind.” Sometimes I’m surprised we’re not driving like the Flintstones.

Stranger