Planning this War, dammit!

Hey, I’m sorry. I don’t know what’s gotten into me. With this new job and the closing coming up on the house - I’m just in a really weird space. I mean, did you see that rant about UncleBeer? What the fuck was that about? I don’t even usually post in the pit. Man, my nerves are shot to hell.

April 6 is good for me. I’ll even bring some liquor or something.

I’m just waiting for someone to jump in and say it’s “God’s Day” or something. It’s obvious God wants this war, so don’t even try.

:glares:

If we start on April 15th will we get extensions on sending in our tax returns?
I can’t decide if starting on April 1st would be a good idea or a bad one. Any opinions?

Sorry about my delay in arriving, folks. I was working on a top-secret project. No, I can’t tell you what it is. You’ll know when you know, now just be quiet while I get to my dayplanner.

Look, March is no good. I’ve got my spring break the week of the 17th, my mother’s birthday the 19th, and my parent’s anniversary the 30th.

April is no good until after the 4th, but after that I’m free and clear for the 6th. Say…the 6th to the 10th? How does that work for everyone.

grumble. I’m terribly tired of Iraq. Can’t we invade North Korea next?

How about February 29th?

Oh, man. The 6th is a Sunday, isn’t it? I can’t do Sundays. I’ve got Lilly that weekend and if I have to try and switch it just screws up the whole rest of the month. And I forgot about taxes…man, I don’t even know where my W-2 is. This is just a really bad time for me. You guys go ahead without me. I’ll just sit this one out. No, really. You guys go, have fun. Bomb a hospital for me or something.

Do you want us to bring you anything back, plnnr?

I’m starting to think that this whole war isn’t even worth the effort. That’s the last time I try and do something nice for this board.

Hey, Abe, thanks for the offer. Maybe some sand, you know, like in a little bottle or something. Or maybe a T shirt for Lilly - a “My Dad’s friends went to Bagdad and all they brought me was this lousy T shirt” kind of thing. I’ll pay you when you get back. If I find my W-2, and we can move it up later in the month I could go. How’s early in May? Lilly’s birthday is the 29th and we’re taking her to Chuck E. Cheese. Anytime after that and I’m SO there. Really. I swear.

March is bad. I’m having surgery on the Thursday the 13th (no biggie, just having a leg vein removed) and my mom’s coming up here to - well, mom me, so I’d really prefer not to have any travel interruptions that whole weekend.

And I already rescheduled it once because of my mom’s schedule.

I like the April 15 option in principal, but I’m supposed to travel that day to Austin for a conference. I’ll be back on that Friday, but of course that’s Holy Friday and I don’t think it’s a good day to start a war, I mean we aren’t the sort of people who start Tet offensives or Yom Kippur wars. How about April 23?

You know, jar, you’re acting all high and mighty…like you’re never busy. Where were you the last time we went through this, huh? No one could get a hold of you for WEEKS!

Are there any tips on accessorizing camo?

I think the important thing to consider, which I haven’t seen mentioned yet, is HOW LONG IS THIS WAR SUPPOSED TO LAST? If we’re talking a quick in-and-out, under two weeks thing, then just about any time except the first week of June is good for me. But if we’re expecting this thing to drag out for several months, then the sooner the better as far as I’m concerned. I’ve got plans to visit Toronto Labor Day weekend, and if we’re still at war that’s going to seriously inconvenience me, what with increased security at the border and all that crap.

Look.

:: sniff ::

THIS IS MY SPECIAL DAY. YOU ALL HATE ME, DON’T YOU. You never want to do anything nice. I ask for just one small little war - just a small one! - just for me, for my special day, and you naysayers have to nag and argue and bicker and nothing ever gets done! NO ONE WANTS TO LET ME HAVE MY WAR.

It’s :: sob :: MY … SPECIALDAY! I HATE YOU ALL!

Oh, way to go people. You made lno cry.

C’mon here little one. There, there. I promise we’ll invade somebody soon. You’ll be able to do it. Now wipe that nose and gimme your Happy Face.

Good boy!

H-… Hamlet… c-can we use cluster munitions and indiscriminate bombing? Pretty please?

Of course, sweetie. Whatever you want. Now dry your eyes.

Hush little lno don’t you cry.
Hamlet’s gonna make sure the bad guys die.
And if those bad guys don’t drop dead,
Hamlet’s gonna shoot Saddam in the head.

Now, don’t get all greedy, or I’ll call you ino, and you KNOW you don’t like that. Guided Munitions only. And that’s FINAL!

March is no good at all, what with the NCAA Tournament and all. Unless Duke loses early again, then I’ll need to get out some aggression.

Let’s wait until April. Lord knows the Orioles are gonna suck, and there’s still no ballclub in DC, so we might as well have the war start with the baseball season, in April.

Besides, MLB commissioner Bud Selig has been selected as Sports Jerk of the Year two years running, so we gotta do something special for him. :slight_smile:

So how about April 7?

I can do March any time after the 15th, except for the 22nd I’m booked in the morning. But I was wondering if I could ride with one of youze, because the car will be in the shop. Oh, and what are you guys gonna wear? I was thinking desert cammo, but it’s soooooo last war. Any ideas?