Playing possum

OMG YES! The only time I ever hit one was on a busy street on my way home from work. The sonofabitch stood up and screamed like a horrified woman just before he met his maker via my '78 Honda Accord grill. Scarred me for life, I tells ya.

A baby POSSUM? Yikes. And I thought it was weird when I found a white mouse behind my bookcase. Possums of any size don’t belong in a house, much less on the bedside table; and baby possums belong at their mama’s side till they’re grown.

And where WAS mama possum, I’d like to know? Sounds like some possum child neglect going on here. Unless the little possum is on its own because mama got run over; possums are good at getting run over.

More seriously: I’d suggest getting up on the porch roof (or getting someone else to go up there) and look for any holes the possum might have used to get in. A hole that admits baby possums could be enlarged to admit big possums, and might already admit squirrels. Or rats. You don’t want any of these creatures checking out your bedside table. Or your bed.

twicks if it shows up again try singing The Possum Song to it.