Please change the name of this thread {done}

Unbeknowst to me, a thread was created to spin off of some comments I made in the Russian refugee thread. The title of the thread is inflammatory and does not align with my arguments, I would appreciate it if the title was changed. I did not mean to create a hijack. but it is not fair to name it that. Honestly it seems malicious and I have no malicious intent here.

I assume you are referring to this thread?

Correct. Multiple people have assumed that was my position because of that title. There was really no reason to title it that, I knew my actual position might cause some argument but I had no idea a new thread had been created that said that

What would you like the title changed to?

I was talking to the people who can change thread titles, lol.

I don’t moderate P&E. Hopefully a friendly P&E mod will be along shortly to address your request.

Do you have a suggestion for a better title?

Paging @raventhief @What_Exit and @Aspenglow

In this thread, you are talking to everyone who can read it. The best way to talk privately to a moderator is to send them a private message.

US Aid to Ukraine would be more accurate.

I dont mind that you can see it, I just wasnt talking to you

And speaking of a thread hijack

If you post on this message board, you are talking to everybody around here.

I understand that. Why jump in on my simple request

I think asking in public is a good idea. I, too misunderstood your thread because of the title.

Right. And my posts are somewhat critical of US policy but I never said anything like that

@Czarcasm seems to have been trying to help you to make your request into one that could be served more promptly and readily.

Thank you for pointing out his good intentions

If you just posted a suggestion for a title change this could be done. Give me a few and the change will be made to one of them.

The title in question was suggested by a fellow mod. It seemed reasonable.

Also this is a ridiculous thread for this title with no link to the thread you actually want changed. In the future, please ensure you link to the thread you want to see action on.

Thank you for accomadating my ignorance :slightly_smiling_face:

Apologies for my defensiveness, I did not know that it was customary for regular posters to post in the thread

Mods often change titles at the request of the OP, or just because they are vague or confusing. The best way to request a title change is to report the OP and offer a specific suggestion for what you want the name to be. That way, the mods see it, and they have a link to the thread and your suggested name all in the same place.

It’s also acceptable to post in the thread itself, and @-tag the relevant mods.

Posting in ATMB is also fine, but as What_Exit said, you should include a link to the relevant thread and the name you want in your post here.