Link Are there panels missing, or did I miss something in the news?
I see one panel with a soldier and the caption: Click! Click! Clickety Click!
Are the soldiers in Iraq running out of ammo?
Link Are there panels missing, or did I miss something in the news?
I see one panel with a soldier and the caption: Click! Click! Clickety Click!
Are the soldiers in Iraq running out of ammo?
[QUOTE=Khadaji]
Link Are there panels missing, or did I miss something in the news?
I see one panel with a soldier and the caption: Click! Click! Clickety Click!
Are the soldiers in Iraq running out of ammo?
[/QUOTE]
Trudeau is launching a new blog for military personnel today called the Sandbox. I believe the soldier is supposed to be typing and more will probably be revealed as the week goes on. Link
The strip was a heck of a lot longer in my newspaper today.
Honestly, I spent most of the day thinking that was Roland Hedley. I could imagine a storyline in which he dies in Iraq starting that way. I know Roland is usually played as a buffoon, but I could still imagine him going out decently.
Would someone be willing to describe what appeared in the newspaper?
1st panel: Soldier Hightower’s face and noise of typing.
2nd Panel: Hightower watches another soldier type “it was a dark and messed up night”
3rd panel: Hightower: “hey folks, you may have heard how dangerous its become for the press to cover operations OIF and OEF.”
4th panel: “Result: the public feels increasingly disconnected from the troops in the field. Solution: Let the trooops report on themselves!”
5th panel: “Presenting the SANDBOX- Our command-wide milblog! Starting today, GWOT-LIT has a new home, and its exclusively at Doonesbury.com!”
6th Panel: " At the sandbox, contributors can operate in a clean, lighly edited debriefing environment where all content, no matter how robust, is secured by the first amendment!"
7th panel: Hightower: “So if you support the troops but haven’t a clue what they’re actually up to you owe it to yourself to log onto the sandbox!” Soldier typing: “Dear sandbox: another sleepless night out on the wire…”
8th panel: Hightower: “Its your war, america! Check it out or you know who wins!” Soldier typing: " I think I might have restless leg syndrome".
To the credit of the Akron Beacon Journal, it was run in it’s entirety today. They usually don’t shrink from controversy.
Woah. How much self-selecting censorship is going on in the US these days…?
It ran in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, the most conservative newspaper West of the Mississippi. 
What I don’t understand is why the full strip is not running at the Doonesbury website.
Glitch? Or something more sinkister?
Yeah. That’s “sinister” spelled with a cat pawing at the keyboard.
Doonesbury is still being published anywhere?
[QUOTE=Clothahump]
Doonesbury is still being published anywhere?
[/QUOTE]
How about taking your politics elsewhere?
[QUOTE=Clothahump]
Doonesbury is still being published anywhere?
[/QUOTE]
Yep. The Houston Chronicle. Ask your parakeet to let you read the comic section.
[QUOTE=Qadgop the Mercotan]
What I don’t understand is why the full strip is not running at the Doonesbury website.
[/QUOTE]
I’m guessing that the strip is not being published by many newspapers not because it’s contraverial (its not really) but because its basically a plug. Presumably newspapers don’t want to advertise for free for a alternative source of news for thier readers.
Doonesbury’s website is hosted by Slate, the online news magazine thingy, so presumably same deal there.
I’ve never seen a US daily paper that doesn’t publish it.
[QUOTE=Clothahump]
Doonesbury is still being published anywhere?
[/QUOTE]
:smack:
Let’s pretends this question was asked in all innocence, shall we?
According to the Universal Press Syndicate, Doonesbury “appears in more than 1,500 daily and Sunday newspapers worldwide.”
In addition, a quick persual of amazon.com reveals a couple dozen book collections of the strip are in print.
In short, Doonesbury is one of the most popular, long-lived, and successful cartoon strips published today.
(It is also the only strip I take time to read on a daily basis.)
Your question has been answered.
[QUOTE=Clothahump]
Doonesbury is still being published anywhere?
[/QUOTE]
You a Mallard fan? There must be at least one in the country. Somewhere…