Please give me your favorite quotes about love...

"When I sleep I dream about you
When I wake I find no rest
For every moment thinking of you
My heart affixed in your breast
Although far distance may be assistance
From my mind her love to remove
Yet my heart is with her all together
Though I live not where I love

All the world shall be one religion
Living things shall cease to die
If ever I prove false to my jewel
Or any way my love deny
The world shall change and be most strange
If ever I my mind remove
For my heart is with her all together
Though I live not where I love."

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra. Then it flips and pins you underneath. At night the ice weasels come.

Love is a perky little elf dancing a jig on your chest. Then it pulls out an Uzi and creates a sucking chest wound.

Qadgop
-Happily married for nearly 2 decades! To the same person even!

You love her
But she loves him
And he loves somebody else
You just can’t win
And so it goes
Till the day you die
This thing they call love
It’s gonna make you cry
I’ve had the blues
The reds and the pinks
One thing’s for sure
Love stinks

– J. Geils Band

The Good Morrow

*I wonder, by my troth, what thou and I
Did, till we loved; were we not weaned till then,
But sucked on country pleasures, childishly?
Or snorted we in the Seven Sleepers’ den?
‘Twas so; but this, all pleasures fancies be.
If even any beauty I did see,
Which I desired, and got, ‘twas but a dream of thee.

And now good morrow to our waking souls,
Which watch not one another out of fear;
For love, all love of other sights controls,
And makes one little room, an everywhere.
Let sea-discoverers to new worlds have gone,
Let maps to others, worlds on worlds have shown,
Let us possess our world; each hath one, and is one.

My face in thine eye, thine in mind appears,
And true plain hearts do in the faces rest;
Where can we find two better hemispheres,
Without sharp North, without declining West?
Whatever dies, was not mixed equally;
If our two loves be one; or thou and I
Love so alike that none do slacken, none can die.*
–John Donne

You may want to check out THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT. I was unable to do a COPY/PASTE on the lyrics.

Good luck.

I dont believe in love, never had, never will.
I dont believe in love, its never worth the pain that you feel. She said she loved me, I guess I never knew, but do ever really know?

Been collecting such quotes a long time. A sampling:

He gave a little lift of his glass and gave that Spanish toast that covers everything there is. “Health, money, love, and time to enjoy them.” I’ve never been able to think of anything it doesn’t cover. -John D. MacDonald

…that Rilke quotation: Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet one another. -John D. MacDonald

“Love is an exploding cigar we willingly smoke.”
-Lynda Barry
Loving can cost a lot but not loving always costs more, and those who fear to love often find that want of love is an emptiness that robs the joy from life."
-Merle Shan

“Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so.”
-David Grayson

“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”
-Robert Heinlein [I often use this one as my sig]

“If I know what love is, it is because of you.”
-Herman Hesse

“To love one who also loves you…is exceeding the limit of human joy, it is stealing fire from heaven.”
-Madame de Gerardio
“I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, his cloak was out at the elbows, the water passed through his shoes, - and the stars through his soul.” - Anon

“To love and be loved is to see the sun from both sides.”-Anon
One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life.That word is love.
-Sophocles

“When you stop to think about it life is strange. Some people believe in preordination, although I don’t. Still you grow up knowing that somewhere out there is the person you are going to fall in love with. So you wonder what the person will be like. How she will look. How she will walk, talk, what she will think. How she will smile. How she will laugh. Theres no way of knowing, of course, until you meet her. The realization that you have finally met her comes as a wondrous discovery, a peek into the works of life. Maybe a guy could fall instantly in love, but I doubt it. I think love creeps over you like a warm feeling on a clear blue fall day. This person is in your thoughts most of the time-all of the time actually. You see her when you close your eyes, when you look off into the distance, when you pause from what you are doing and take a deep breath. You remember how her fingers felt when they touched you. The loved one becomes a part of you, the most important part. At least it is that way with me when I think of you.”
-Stephen Coontz

“How I long to fall just a little bit, to dance out of the lines and stray from the light. But I fear that to fall in love with you is to fall from a great and gruesome height…And so for you I came this far, across the tracks, ten miles above the limit, and with no seat belt - and I’d do it again.”
-Dar Williams

Enough!

Many more available by request

–Hometownboy

(By the way, congratulations on your wedding. May you truly have health, wealth, money and time enough to enjoy them.

Can’t resist adding a quote from our own wedding ceremony. Our source simply said it was from a Native American song:

Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be a shelter to the other

Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other.

Now there is no loneliness for you; now there is no more loneliness.

Now you are two bodies, but there is only one life before you.

Go now to your dwelling place to enter into your days together.

And may your days be good and long on the earth.)

“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” - Not Sure Who, But It Was In “Moulin Rouge”, and I’m By God Going to Find Out.

The first time I ever heard that was in Nature Boy, by Nat King Cole.

Alas, most of these quotes are like so very old, has not time improved on love’s description? Surely there must be something more modern.

It’s like just before dark
Jump in the car
Buy an ice cream and see how far
we can drive before it melt’s kinda feeling
That’s how your love makes me feel inside

Max T. Brown and Trey Bruce

Do you believe in love enough to go the distance
Do you believe in love enough to make a stand
Do you believe enough to handle the resistance
I believe we can

Derek George, John Tirro and Bryan White

How bout simply…“You complete me.” from “Jerry McGuire” ?

“Love Stinks” - The J. Geils Band

Love is the most selfish of all the passions. – Alexandre Dumas in The Three Musketeers

Blind souls
you and I,
fumbling for the sky
Falling for weaving ways
and greenfields
Holding hands
making deals ~
Do not depart
at least, not before me
Nor leave with
my heart
while I still breathe

More of such can be found at my http://www.geocities.com/between_whispers, a little collection of stuff I’ve written.

Oh, and congrats on your wedding, btw.

“We don’t need anybody else to tell us what is real. Inside each one of us is love, and we know how it feels.” Paul McCartney

“Love is you
You and Me
Love is knowing
We can be.” John Lennon

" I cannot get you close enough, I said to him, pitiful as a child, and never can and never will. We cannot get from anyone else the things we need to fill the endless terrible need, not to be dissolved, not so sink back into the sand, heat, broom, air, thinnest air. And so we revolve around each other and our dreams collide. It’s embarrassing that it should be so hard. Look out the window in any weather. We are a part of that glamour, drama, change and should not be ashamed." -from I Cannot Get You Close Enough By Ellen Gilchrist

“I know your true passion theory about two people destined to be together, but we can’t all be filled with that much faith, trust and emotion. It just means if you have someone you’re not alone. You’re not going to find that in some fairy tale romance. Sometimes you have to sit through low times where you don’t necessarily feel overwhelmingly, totally in love all the time.”- (Jake) The Myth of the Fingerprints

“Don’t say we’re not right for each other, Because as I see it we might not be right for anyone else.” -(Doug) The Cutting Edge

“All I want to do is to be there for the things you’re going through. Is it good for you? Is it good for you? You haunt the nights when I don’t know where my life should go, is that good for you?”- Third Eye Blind

" Get over regret, while you were sleeping with the angels he was under the bed. And the more skin that you shed the more that the air in your throat will linger when you call him your friend. And it was never a question, he was crowing for repair. You’d give him love and affection, but you couldn’t keep him there." -Toad the Wet Sprocket

“And the greatest of teachers won’t hesitate to leave you there, by yourself, chained to fate. I alone love you. I alone tempt you. I alone love you. Fear is not the end of this!” - Live

“If you spin your love around, the secrets of your dreams, You may find your love is gone. And is not quite what it seemed, to appear to disappear beneath all your darkest fears.”- Smashing Pumpkins

“I don’t mind you coming here and wasting all my time, 'cause when you’re standing oh so near I kinda lose my mind.”- The Cars

" Leave me lying here, because I don’t want to go. Tell me what you really want from me, you’ve got to let me know. I’m falling off, I need you terribly, one down and one to go. "- Veruca Salt

“Oh, yeah, you stand for every known abuse that I’ve ever seen my way through. Don’t I wish I knew better by now? Well I think I’m starting to. When every line speaks the language of love and never held the meaning I was thinking of. and I’ve lost the line between right or wrong. I just want to find the place where I belong.”- Beth Orton

“We’ve always been the best of friends, no secrets and no demands.But suddenly from somewhere out of the blue I see a different light around you.One thing I haven’t told you, I just want to hold you And never let go, I need to know How do I get there from hereHow do I make you see, How do I tell you what my heart’s been telling me, Lost in your lovin’ arms that’s where I wanna be.You know I love you, How do I get there?” -Deana Carter

You’re the best listener that I ever met. You’re my best friend-best friend with benefits. What took me so long?-Alanis Morrisette “Head Over Feet”

And what I’d like to hear…

Holden’s monologue from Chasing Amy

Would you believe me when I tell you-you are the queen of my heart? Please don’t deceive me if I hurt you-just ain’t the way it seems.-Nirvana “Love Buzz”

You are the only one who makes any difference what I say. Sun shines in the bedroom when we play. The raining always starts when you go away.-Nirvana “Son of a Gun”

“Love will get you like a case of anthrax
And that’s one thing I don’t want to catch”

– Gang of Four