please help identify this show/movie?

Okay, this one’s hard, folks; I saw this when i was about 5 (roughly about 1969-1970)and I’ve been trying to identify it ever since.

Here goes:

The plot basically involves a little girl, who is white. She has a little doll, which happens to be black. While cleaning out an attic or garage or something a player piano is discovered. It turns out that when the piano plays, the white girl becomes the doll, and the black doll becomes real. They switch back and forth over the course of this movie/tv show and at the end either the piano or the white doll breaks, and the little black girl runs away sobbing.

I remember it as a black and white show, but I can’t remember whether the original tv set was b&w or color.

I do know that it is NOT a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode. I have researched both these shows exhaustively and come up with nothing even close.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the hell this show was?

Thanx in advance

Chris W

Sorry, no answer here.

You said you’d checked Twilight Zone and Outer Limits episode guides. How about the Hitchcock series? Or Alcoa Presents/One Step Beyond?

Trouble with those episode listings, the titles don’t always relate to the show, so searching can be difficult.

Don’t mean to hijack your thread, but I’ve never been able to find the earwig episode on TZ or Hitch or Outer Limits, and I know damn well it was televised. It’s probably titled “Love in the Afternoon” or something.

Ah well, here’s a bump, maybe someone knows.

The earwig was an episode of Night Gallery, if you’re talking about what I think you’re talking about. riserius1 might want to check out this show if he/she hasn’t already. It was very similar to Twilight Zone and even had Rod Serling. The only thing is, I think most if not all Night Gallery episodes were in color, not black & white. I could very well be wrong, the show was a little before my time, but I watch the show on the SciFi channel whenever possible :slight_smile:

I think the story you’re talking about is “Where the Woodbine Twineth” - it was on Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Confirmed.