[QUOTE=Larry Mudd]
The edit feature’s about a month late for that, eh?
[/QUOTE]
Ah, now I see that this thread is an update on an older post.
[QUOTE=Larry Mudd]
The edit feature’s about a month late for that, eh?
[/QUOTE]
Ah, now I see that this thread is an update on an older post.
[QUOTE=gotpasswords]
He’d be in some seriou trouble by now. Dunno how the female equivalent is, but in males, it’s a “call an ambulance and get to the emergency room immediately before the affected testicle(s) die” sort of problem.
[/QUOTE]
I wasn’t going to bump the thread just to reply to this, but now that we’ve got the good news, I’ll just say: sometimes it’s a “call an ambulance and get to the emergency room immediately and the affected ovary dies off during the 20-odd hours it takes the doctors to diagnose the excruciating pain” sort of problem.
Ah, well, I had two and I don’t plan on using either.
mischievous
Oof. Sorry about that, mischievous.
I guess there is one upside to having your reproductive organs situated externally – which I usually think is a damned silly arrangement.
[QUOTE=Larry Mudd]
Oof. Sorry about that, mischievous.
I guess there is one upside to having your reproductive organs situated externally – which I usually think is a damned silly arrangement.
[/QUOTE]
Jeez, I’d trade in a heartbeat. I was down for the count for a week or two after I had my bits chopped on.
[QUOTE=GingerOfTheNorth]
Jeez, I’d trade in a heartbeat. I was down for the count for a week or two after I had my bits chopped on.
[/QUOTE]
Until you’ve gotten a line drive basketball in the nads. Then you’ll wish they were back inside.
[QUOTE=pbbth]
We have not heard nearly enough about your testes, you need to come back and give us an update, stat!
[/QUOTE]
He already had the testes, he’s waiting on the resultees.
[QUOTE=Bosda Di’Chi of Tricor]
Great.
Now we can start with the jokes!
GENTLEMEN! START YOUR ENGINES!
![]()
[/QUOTE]
You mean, unrefined humor in a testicular vein? That would be vericose of us. ![]()
[QUOTE=dogbutler]
Until you’ve gotten a line drive basketball in the nads. Then you’ll wish they were back inside.
[/QUOTE]
Don’t you mean baseball? After that, they WILL be back inside, surely :eek:
[QUOTE=Larry Mudd]
Oof. Sorry about that, mischievous.
I guess there is one upside to having your reproductive organs situated externally – which I usually think is a damned silly arrangement.
[/QUOTE]
Eh, it was my own stupid fault for not getting my girly bits checked up more often. I had a massive (ten centimeter!) dermoid cyst* growing on the ovary, which is probably what made it start to shift internally.
Now that I think about it, I would have noticed a lot earlier if it had been external. But normally, I’m very happy with the arrangement of my reproductive organs.
mischievous
*Dermoid cysts are way cool - it’s when an ovum tries to start developing on it’s own. It can’t get very far without a paternal genome (i.e. sperm) to help, but it makes terrifying disorganized masses of hair, skin, bone, and teeth. Really extra gross.
[QUOTE=mischievous]
Eh, it was my own stupid fault for not getting my girly bits checked up more often. I had a massive (ten centimeter!) dermoid cyst* growing on the ovary, which is probably what made it start to shift internally.
Now that I think about it, I would have noticed a lot earlier if it had been external. But normally, I’m very happy with the arrangement of my reproductive organs.
mischievous
*Dermoid cysts are way cool - it’s when an ovum tries to start developing on it’s own. It can’t get very far without a paternal genome (i.e. sperm) to help, but it makes terrifying disorganized masses of hair, skin, bone, and teeth. Really extra gross.
[/QUOTE]
EWWW!
Did they let you keep it?
[QUOTE=slaphead]
Don’t you mean baseball? After that, they WILL be back inside, surely :eek:
[/QUOTE]
Nope, it was a basketball. If it had been a baseball I’d be posting in A sharp.
[QUOTE=Wile E]
EWWW!
Did they let you keep it?
[/QUOTE]
Nah, but I got photos. And my sister made me a lovely knit uterus-fallopian tube-ovaries set with a cute little knit dermoid cyst with fuzzy hair hanging off of one of the ovaries. Just the sort of thing I appreciate from family.
mischievous
[QUOTE=mischievous]
Nah, but I got photos. And my sister made me a lovely knit uterus-fallopian tube-ovaries set with a cute little knit dermoid cyst with fuzzy hair hanging off of one of the ovaries. Just the sort of thing I appreciate from family.
[/QUOTE]
Your sister is sick!
I like her!
[QUOTE=mischievous]
I wasn’t going to bump the thread just to reply to this, but now that we’ve got the good news, I’ll just say: sometimes it’s a “call an ambulance and get to the emergency room immediately and the affected ovary dies off during the 20-odd hours it takes the doctors to diagnose the excruciating pain” sort of problem.
Ah, well, I had two and I don’t plan on using either.
mischievous
[/QUOTE]
My brothers are both from the left ovary. Mom had been in abdominal pain since before my delivery; when I was about 3 months old, the doctors in their wisdom finally decided to open up and take a look. They thought it was apendicitis. They open, sew off the enlarged apendix, chop it off, figure out it doesn’t really look like an appendix that would be hurting, decide to take a further look around and call the gynecological surgeon.
Right ovary in torsion and several cysts on both, including one the side of a tangerine on the right. The gyne said she needed to yell more, next time someting hurt, and she explained that she’s been in constant pain since she was 15, she just can’t go through life yelling.
Glad to hear your nuts will be ok, Larry
[QUOTE=mischievous]
Eh, it was my own stupid fault for not getting my girly bits checked up more often. I had a massive (ten centimeter!) dermoid cyst* growing on the ovary, which is probably what made it start to shift internally. [/size]
[/QUOTE]
:eek: God. I’m sorry I read the footnote. weeps hysterically I already have trauma from ‘The Dark Half’ and now you go and tell me THIS?
makes appointment to have girly bits YANKED
Don’t worry, they’re pretty rare (they’re not the same as what people call “ovarian cysts”, which are fluid-filled and very common).
Don’t yank the girly bits! Caress them, gently.
mischievous
[QUOTE=mischievous]
Don’t worry, they’re pretty rare (they’re not the same as what people call “ovarian cysts”, which are fluid-filled and very common).
Don’t yank the girly bits! Caress them, gently.
mischievous
[/QUOTE]
Oh, is that what they’re calling it these days? ![]()
And the rarity reassures me…A bit. eyetwitch
So, uh, how long is it going to be in a sling?
[QUOTE=NurseCarmen]
So, uh, how long is it going to be in a sling?
[/QUOTE]
About sixteen centimeters.