Please recommend Soft Foods that are palatable

Can’t believe I forgot those suggestions (since I eat both every day).

I Can’t Believe It’s Yogurt - chocolate cheesecake flavor!

Cheese soup – homemade stuff made with real cheese melted into it – will get you some good dairy protein.

Homemade tomato bisque is also very, very good.

Cheesecake, mac and cheese (the frozen stuff), most of the Michelina’s pastas without meat – you can mash all of these without losing all the texture.

Vichyssoise: simmer equal parts potatoes and onions (or leeks) in water to cover until mushy; puree in blender. Add a bit of butter for flavor. You can also add dill, watercress, or pretty much any fresh herb. A bit of sour cream is yummy, too.

Another favorite cold blender soup is 1 peeled and seeded cucumber blended with 1 cup plain yogurt; add dill to taste and a couple of chopped scallions or chives. Or try with a bit of horseradish. Or a couple of radishes, for zing.

I’ll put in another vote for baby food. When I had my wisdom teeth out (all four at once), Gerber’s food for toddlers (comes in larger jars) was pretty tasty, once you added a reasonable amount of salt and pepper (or whatever other seasonings you like). The chicken noodle dinner in particular was good.

Cher3:

Very sound advice. I had to live on baby food for a while and I took only one bite of the broccoli and beef before spitting it out. And these are both foods that I like!

I loved baby food bananas and oatmeal though.

To get your through the most painful days, I recommend liquid Ensure or something similar. You may not feel like preparing anything at all and at least this would keep your nutrition somewhat balanced.

I hope that your surgery goes well and that you will be back up to speed soon.

I recommend squash soup… basically you cube up a bunch of butternut squash, boil it, blend it, thin it out with milk or water if necessary, and add cinnamon and sugar. Mmm.

Cream cheese on canned pears. Or just cream cheese (whipped is softest) or just canned pears (packed in their own juice if you want to cut some of the sugar out). Mmmm.

Oops, meant to add, good luck and hope you heal quickly.