PNAC, can we discuss this please???

First off I would like to know if anyone on the BB knows about the Project for the New American Century and second, there is more behind this war than Bush wants you to know.

Take a look at the PNAC’s Statement of Principles page (bottom of page) and the players that belong to this organization.

Did we elect as president or an agenda of a few?

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

Attention K-Mart Shoppers! Conspiracy Theores, a dime a dozen, on Aisle Five! Remember: only a dime a dozen!

er…make that “Conpiracy Theories.” I’ve absolutely no idea what a “Conspiracy Theore” is.

I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be shocked about. Is there some reason that a “neo-Reaganite” agenda should be unsupportable?

It’s not my cup of tea, but I don’t see anything in that website’s language that hasn’t already been somewhat borne out by current events.

That is my point yet there are many that are either very ignorant or they believe in the PNAC’s doctrine.

From the website linked to in the OP:

Hmmm … I wonder what they mean by a commitment to “moral principle.”

Yup, if you don’t mind being lead morally by the Jerry Farwell’s of this country, having courts that are on the extreme right and corporations making the decisions for the people of the USA, I guess it is ALL RIGHT (leaning).:eek:

You make it sound as though all of those things are part of a coherent plan. Corporations have sought political influence for far longer than this administration; political parties have (in my opinion) been on a rightwards trend for a few years now across many first world states.

I see all these things as symptoms of a political trend; whether it’s reflected by the wishes of the public is a different question, but I find it hard to believe that every such event in every nation occurred without some public support.

I agree with you to a point. It is sad that most citizens could not tell you what bills are being passed in our congress and how much taxpayer-supported pork is included in the bills. The reason that this excites is due to the fact that the majority is not paying any attention. It is much easier to believe (blindly) that our benevolent government will make the right decisions. This is not the case this time around. The concerted effort to move this country and our courts to the right is disturbing.

Speyfly, yes, many of us are aware of it.

It was first brought to my attention here on this board, back in October of last year. I saw a link posted by 3waygeek in the “Post Hussein Plans?” thread, in this post. He linked to an op-ed piece by award winning editorialist Jay Bookman. You might find that discussion, and the op-ed piece, of interest.

I then referenced it in the “With friends like McDermott and Bonior, the Democrats don’t need any enemies.” with this post, where it was then discussed further.

If you are interested in this topic, you may find those discussions of interest.

Feel free to ignore Monty’s claim of conspiracy theory. Even some of the most right wing posters on this board are willing to accept the facts (as evidenced in the threads posted above). It’s tough to make that case when it is public, and the signatories included many of the folks now leading our nation’s foreign policy.

Thanks AZ COWBOY, I will read the included links:)