Pocketful of Miracles

I watched **A Pocketful of Miracles ** last night for the first time in over 20 years. GREAT film! If you haven’t seen it, please give it a shot. Frank Capra directed it and some of the stars are Bette Davis, Glen Ford, Hope Lange, Peter Falk and Anne Margaret. Anyone else remember this wonderful movie?

Linkety link

I watched this recently too. Peter Falk SHOULDA won the Oscar that year (he was nominated). He was hilarious. Every line was a gem.

VCNJ~

I was just telling my friend about this the other day. It is one of the funniest unknown gems from the 1960’s. I just put it in my amazon.com cart. Edward Everett Horton is hilarious as the butler.

But definately Peter Falk,

“If youse wasn’t a woman I’d kick you right in the stomache.”

I’ve not seen it, but I’m a sucker for such movies. I’ll have to rent it!

Capra remade his own 1933 movie, Lady for a Day. As good as Bette Davis was, May Robson was even better in the role. (She won the Oscar.) If you liked PoM, do yourself a favor and check out LfaD.

May Robson was nominated, but lost to Katharine Hepburn (Morning Glory).

Aah. Sorry. Shoulda looked it up; these factoids get dusty after long stretches of inexposure.

Ah…the movie that taught me that Manhattan was an island. (Really.)

I’ve always loved this movie, but diabetics should beware, the overdose of sugary sweetness can be dangerous.