Politely disagreeing with Hari Seldon's Mode Note

It would be nice to have some links. Apparently it’s this thread, and Trinopus’ post is #48. (And I just realized that I no longer know how to link to a specific post.)

Anyway, I can’t imagine how that post constituted ridicule. Nor can I imagine the Dope without posts ridiculing other posts.

We do have idiots and ideologues posting here constantly and in torrents. I’m using those as group nouns and not pointing fingers at any individual posters. Since we are not allowed to insult them, and their posts cannot be seriously debated or refuted because they are based on nothing real, what else is left other than ridicule? Which, I shouldn’t need to remind anyone, is the foundation on which the Dope is based.

I can see that there is a determined effort on the part of the new mods to enforce niceness even to the point of fatuity. I don’t completely disagree with the effort; it would be nice to see the world shift on its axis after the last four years.

What bewilders me is that the mod notes I’ve read calling for niceness are all for responses to the idiots and ideologues rather than to the provocateurs themselves. What can you be thinking? The problem is at the source, not the response. And don’t say that it can all be taken care of in the Pit. That’s completely the wrong approach.