Politically Correct Or Respect?

Just my nature to scare away all of the English professors with my ability to destroy the language. I hope my British friends aren’t going to be perturbed that this correspondence will lack the polishing of the Queen’s English. By the way, a little clarification on this phrase, is it truly the Queen’s English? Did she develop it and adapt all of the protocol and such. Don’t worry I am not straying, just want to be educated. And for you gut deficient Prozac poppers that thought I should have said politically correct, P.C. to me means something entirely different.

P.C.? Poverty Contributor, Paternity Clause, Power Conditioning, what the hell is that all about… The mere mention of a back bending, ass kissing, spineless jellyfish to not speak the mind that God chose to give them is in my opinion the biggest waste of natural resource to date. Hence the other mismanagement is the simple ploy of wanting to massage the ego of a self sacrificing, holier than thou, I told you so, mudslinging pansy ready to take on the parental concerns of pointing out the mistakes of an open minded, traveled, free spirit. Employ this person at the nearest soup kitchen and see just how long that superiority complex lasts them. My gamble is total destruction of that idealistic reverence at the first opportunity, all for a good old fashioned, wall bouncing, knock down, drag 'em out ass-kicking. I do not advocate violence, although I believe in the “spare the rod, spoil the child” approach to discipline. Some of these so called 80’s children could use a good kick in the pants. The poor and misguided souls that they are. No excuses offered or accepted. P.C.? I think it was developed by the government to breathe a new life into the art of bloodsucking. What ever happened to, if you offend me, I’ll slap your head. We lick our wounds and live to battle again, armoring ourselves with a dose more intelligence and a little more respect for our brothers and sisters in the all too confusing game of life. I think the plan backfired, every and any pee brained, poor excuse for a man (women included) is brandishing some kind of weapon to ward off a would be attacker. It may come in various articles of destruction, be it a gun, stick, bat, knife, mind game, or even a lawyer. Why are we so fixated on destroying ourselves? If this is the goal, why ban nuclear warheads? Let’s stop fucking around, if it is destruction we seek, do it and do it right. No need to live in a waste land, however lovely the flowers there smell.

¿Que?

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

I think you could have replaced much of that post with the noise that adults mak un Peanuts cartoons, and it would have been just as effective. But thank you for your stream of consciousness ideas.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

Wah WAH wah WAAAH waaaaaaaaah

Dissociated Press translation:

Where’s the debate? We all agree with you. I like your computer books, too, though I wait until they’re a couple years out-of-date and then pick them up cheap at library book sales. P.c. / p.c. – oh, now I get it.

Oik.

Ooh! Ooh! Douglips! Try running it through the Swedish Chef translator next!

QUE!!! Frickin’ ay! So well written! I agree with you as to the matter of spoiling the child. The rest of the quote from the Bible says, “and send his soul to hell.”

Nice work, hope many participate.

Phaedrus

For what a man had rather were true he more readily believes.

Hey, where’s the peppermint soap?

Phaedrus wrote:

Assuming he was quoting Proverbs 23:13-14.

Proverbs 13:24 and Proverbs 29:15 have similar passages, but they don’t say anything about souls or hell. (In fact, the NIV translation of Prov 23:14 says “death” instead of “hell”.)

“Love 'em, fear 'em, and leave 'em alone.” – Dr. Spockiavelli

tracer: You are correct. That was the passage I was referring to. The NIV is not a good transliteration in that passage. I use the New American Standard Bible. It loses some in its idiomatic expression but I find that the precise meaning of the words to be of more value. The Hebrew word the NIV translates as death is Sheol, which means literally means hell.

For what a man had rather were true he more readily believes.

“Sheol” does NOT mean “hell.”

"I prefer shows of the genre, “World’s Blankiest Blank.”

Does anybody know what this thread is about?

I’m hard at work on the Dr. Bronner translation program as we speak - perhaps that will help.

Phaedrus wrote:

Then you should know that the NASB doesn’t translate “Sheol” as “hell” in Proverbs 23:14, either. (It just leaves it as “Sheol”. The RSV translation does the same.)

What it’s about?

We’re talking about the psychic confluence of bare naked and throbbing human angst, a retrograde deja-vu, as it were — in other words, the very deeply pulsating magma of human emotion that you find only in the very subwoofer of your soul. We’re not talking about sex. We’re talking about life. We’re talking about death. We’re talking about God, the devil, heaven, hell, death, resurrection — damn it, man! Gird your philosophical loins! Take up metaphysical arms! Don’t stand straight up. Lean, dammit, lean. Lean forward as steeply as you can. When you’ve leaned forty-five degrees, lean fifty. Don’t let your dizziness distract you from the whole reason you’re leaning in the first place, namely, you are picking at your navel and wondering, if those psychic hotlines are so psychic, why the hell don’t they call you?! But if you think just sitting there, eating your jam and bread, watching other people pay their taxes while you play video games, will bring you any kind of resolution, right? Get off your ass, man. You can’t get it if you don’t get off your ass. Okay?

“It is lucky for rulers that men do not think.” — Adolf Hitler

I actually DO think thats what it’s about!

Now that Que has had his baptism of fire, can we welcome him to the board? Or was that more of a baptism of unpleasantly tepid water?