Poll: Approximately how old are you?

e

E. I’m 42.

vunderbob, so, you can know your age, but not the ultimate question of your age, right?

No! I know! The ultimate question of Life, the Universe and Everything is:
How old is vunderbob!

I’m in group (b) until about 8:something a.m. tomorrow morning.

c) I am 25
It’s freaking me out.

The horror! The horror! :smiley: No wonder a handful of people in the Cafe believe Joy Division’s “Closer” to be the most depressing album ever, when it happens to be the godfather of the most depressing albums ever. In the Halloween thread one person mentions Ministry’s “Every Day is Halloween,” which is fine and grand, but what about everything that came after they quit the synth sound? (E.g., Scarecrow, Stigmata, Burning Inside.) Then there’s the “Songs defined by their drumbeats” thread. Okay, I’m sure plenty of classic rock anthems contain innovative drumbeats, but how can anyone not mention tracks like Mayhem’s “Fall of Seraphs”? dons flamesuit Modern metal is just about the only familiar genre which requires unusual drumming skill, and while that often ends up going into expressions of sheer speed, there are doubtless other tracks just like the above.

I’m vaguely familiar with most of the music people mention here, and I like some of it, but it’s as if time stopped in 1980 for a good portion of you. As one poster commented, “When you reach a certain age, you then pretty much think of yourself as ‘always’ that age…” Of course, 90% of youth assume time started in the late 80s, but the other 10% are noticable enough to give me hope for humanity, especially when they realize that time also didn’t start around 1970. :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t mean to imply that music is the most important thing, but just that it’s an indicator of where people fit, culturally speaking.

Anyway, I’m just poking. This forum is nice, and populated by rather intelligent people. Too bad we all have to suffer through endless slowdowns and lost posts. :frowning:

At the very end of B.

b. Not seen an “a” here yet.

I just made it to © on the 16th! But I don’t feel any different… I don’t think I’ll feel all grown up until I’m all done with school, and that’s still quite a ways off.

Happy Birthday troub

YGPM. :slight_smile:

Like Jack Benny, I’m 39.

D) 33 years young. 34 three days after Christmas…I can’t believe it is here again so soon. :frowning:

::sigh:: (f) However, I firmly subscribe to the adage that you must grow older, but you can stay immature your entire life.

C)

e.) for a little bit longer.

D

b) I turn 18 in january

…you old farts ::runs away::

At the start of the end of A).

(15)