Poll: Do you want somebody dead?

[QUOTE=samm]
I don’t wish anyone dead. Heavens no! But I do wish one person was so completely disfigured and disgusting that no one could ever glance his way again without a look of complete and utter horror. Then maybe he’d kill himself. :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, friend. The “Do You Wish ‘The Pain’ On Anyone” thread is just down the hall. :smiley:

Luckily for me, there is no one in my life at this time that I hate. So, no.

Yep four, and I’d probably drop off to sleep giggling.

[QUOTE=indecisive1]

This is going to be another pat myself on the back thread. There was one about who voted and who didn’t awhile ago… talk about your chest thumping. You’ll get piles of I am above that responses, and very few responses like mine. Why bother?
[/quote]

[QUOTE=Anaamika]
You’re probably right. And I’m not sure why the other side isn’t responding. Even as I posted my response, I knew it was a matter of temperament & experiences rather than any kind of morality - not wanting to do it doesn’t necessarily make you any kind of a better person, IMO. It simply means you haven’t been offended enough, or you have the temperament that lets it roll off your back.

But the thing is, even the people I hate the most have some redeeming quality. If not in them then around them. My first cousin is truly a shithole of a man. He used to beat his wife until she got a spine and opened a beauty salon and now she makes more money than him, so he doesn’t dare to touch her as she has power in the form of her money. So he drinks himself to oblivion with his small paycheck. Do I want him dead? Hell no - I love my uncle (his father) very much and know his heart breaks at having such a useless son, but I also know he wouldn’t want him dead.
[/QUOTE]

Forgive me, I’ve been sick lately and have gotten rather crabby. You make a very good point that there may be others who value the “should be dead” person. A parent, a child, a spouse. I really don’t wish any misery on any of those people --even though I don’t know them. If only there could be some kind of filter where bad deeds could be turned back upon the deed do-er and no one else. I doubt that I will ever have the satisfaction of knowing if karma ever caught up with this person. I think that just adds to my anger or sadness or whatever the hell it is.

Sorry, this is suppose to be a poll, I’ll shutup now.

No, I could never do it myself. However, if a particular pile of excrement I am acquainted with ever had a tragic, fatal accident, I’d probably throw a party.

[QUOTE=Cervaise]
A simple yes or no will suffice.
[/QUOTE]

YES

That wasn’t the intent. I was legitimately curious based on the comments in the other thread, and I figured if the Dope Collective has been candid enough to discuss everything from polygamy to liquid farts, there’d be a generally honest answer to this inquiry as well. That’s why I requested no specifics: I figured it’d be easier for people to say “yes” if they didn’t also have to say “I want to destroy my landlord’s cerebellum with a blowtorch” or whatever.

I had no expectation of the proportion of “yes” to “no” responses; seems to me it’s interesting no matter which way it goes.

No, not kill, because I’m an atheist so I don’t believe in an afterlife. And I want them to suffer. So I’m thinking one of those injuries that stays with you forever. There are a couple of people I might inflict it on if I could do so without repercussions. Mind you, these people have done Very Bad Things. Not mild stuff. I don’t hate them or anything, any more, I just recognize that there’s a karmic debt that is owed and if I am the instrument by which it is paid, that would be just all right by me.

No, I don’t want him dead. The complete destruction of his professional career, a ruinous bankruptcy and being forced to endure the mockery and contempt of all the people he stepped on would be enough.

If his wife left him, that would be a nice extra touch.

No. A couple of broken legs maybe, but not death.

I am not personally acquainted with anyone I believe deserves death. Outside my social circle, there are plenty of people I’d cheerfully, gleefully kill ( assuming I could be absolutely sure they were as guilty as I believe ), but I don’t know anyone that bad.

I don’t loathe anyone enough to make me want to become a murderer. There are people that I’d say a cheery “Ta ta” to should I happen to be around them as they leave the world.

I don’t know. I can’t answer this - and I’m finding that somewhat strange. While I want to say “hell yes”, I can’t quite do it. :frowning:

Oh good golly yes, but I’m too lazy to do it myself and too cheap to hire someone.

Yes and I would like to kill the sorry bastard every damn day for the next twenty or thirty years.

I don’t think so. While it’s nice to make object lessons out of people, to have them serve as warnings to others, the particular group of people that causes my Homicidal Wrath ™ is not particularly clueful, and it’s best not to give them any potential martyrs.

For the most part, I have a thoroughly pacifist nature, and I think I that place a high value on ethics.

There is, however, one person whose continued existence can be attributed only to my reluctance to resign myself to a long prison term and concern that his murder might inconvenience (in a small way) some people that I shouldn’t like to. I sincerely believe that his removal would be a net positive, if not for the negative consequences of the inevitable action of the justice system.

The absolute certainty of those consequences is awfully inhibiting, though.

Yeah, its a kind of ugly way to feel. Oh well.

No, but I have in the past. Once a guy tormented me so badly in school that I dreamt I killed him by throwing him down a staircase. We’re actually good friends now though.

Abject humiliation? Yes. Death? That’s pretty harsh.

Death by my hands? Not really. Of course, if you start a thread titled ‘Poll: Whose Grave Would You Piss On After They Die’, I might have a different answer.