Poll for Male Dopers

I do have OCD, so while I don’t have a huge thing about germs, yes to before and after.

Do you always remember to wash wang before receiving oral favors from your significant other?

I always wash them after.

Jim

Ditto.

Plus, I learned the HARD way that it’s not a good idea to handle wille after you’ve been handling pickled jalapenos. shudders

Also durring flew season, I’m washing my hands constantly. It’s not unlikely that I would go to the restroom for the sole purpose of washing my hands. (with out taking a piss)

I should have mentioned that I wash afterwards… always… but rarely if ever before. Assuming my hands are reasonably clean I don’t see why I would wash before… but some people do… which is okay by me. I was just wondering why they would.

Certainly not. I don’t expect it from her, and I don’t get any complaints whichever end is going whichever way.

Isn’t there a joke about this? How do you tell a blue collar worker from a white collar worker? (blue collar = washes hands before, white collar = washes hands after).

You clean freaks are giving me the creeps.

I only wash my hands in public if there’s someone else in the restroom. Keeping up appearances, and all that. I hardly ever wash hands at home. Urine is sterile, remember?

Sterile it may be, odourless it is not. I wash after. Even at home.

Well, assuming that I had an SO, I would try to remember. I would also presume it depends on the intensity of the… er… encounter. :wink:

After, in a public washroom.

But at work I always have to wash them before as well, to remove oil, grease, swarf, diamond polish, dremel dust or whatever else I happen to have been playing with. This is so habitual that I have absently-mindedly washed before in a non-work setting. Maybe that’s why some people do it.

After, always.

Before, why? If my hands are dirty, I wash them, regardless if I have to piss or not.

There’s an old aphorism that you can tel the Blue Collar Workers from the Whote Collar Workers by whether they wash their hands before or after using the bathroom.

Having been both, I can easily see the point. If you’ve been shovelling raw material into a feeder or painting, you wanna get the stuff off your hands first. (Afterwards, they’re just gonna get dirty again, so what’s the point?). If you’re in a pretty clean work environment, why wash first (unless you’ve got something on your hands accidentally)? But you should definitely wash afterwards.

And Pepper Mill is pretty clear about the need to wash up before intimacies. She does, too.

Never before.

Sometimes after.

I wash my hands after, and it has little to do with urine (since I really never piss on my hands). To me, it’s just a way to keep my hands washed a few times per day, which is a good practice.

I never wash before because I don’t even touch the big guy when I go. I have learned to aim him just fine without me grabbing on.

Always wash after.

Sometimes before. Two reasons for this:

1. Something sticky/nasty/dirty on my hands that I don’t want on me willy.
  2. Just went in to wash the hands in the first place, but the rushing water or environment or whatever made me have to go. Then I still wash again after. I can’t fathom washing ONLY before using the toilet.

Urine is sterile, but the area down there can be rife with fecal coliform(sp?) IIRC. You should still wash your hands.

After and before, and DEFINITELY after shaking hands with Televildo, Cervaise, Trunk, Least Original Name Ever, and pretty much anyone I suspect who doesnt have the decency to keep their hands clean. Also after bowling, which is pretty gross. Monk is my hero.

Neither before nor after. I also don’t grasp the hose, I just lower the front of the undies — no particular reason, but it works fine (aim-wise and otherwise).
Yale PhD: <ahem> At Yale, we wash our hands after we pee.
Harvard PhD: At Harvard, we don’t piss on our hands.

Marine: In the Marine Corps, our drill sergeants teach us to wash our hands after we piss.
Airman: In the Air Force, our training instructors teach us not to piss on our hands.