Poll: Pole: Pohl: What percentage of your current salary do you think you will eventually make?

Title says it all.

And please reply with your age. I’m too lazy to do age ranges in the options (where’s that two-dimensional polling feature already?), and I think the results will be interesting even without age ranges factored in.

ETA: I’m 35, and I haven’t voted because I’m trying to decide where to take my career (and the different directions I could take have drastically different results in this poll).

ETA2: Here’s an example. If you just graduated college and make $35,000 per year, and you think that you’ll progress in your field to a point where you make $100,000 per year (and there’s really no possibility of making more), then vote 200-500%. Let’s not take inflation into account.

Late 50s, expect to increase my salary somewhat before I retire, but not by leaps and bounds. Done did that already, happy where I am now.

I’m in my late thirties.
I’m a senior engineer at a large technology company. Depending on how many times I end up changing jobs, I expect to make between 90% and 130% of my current salary for the foreseeable future. I’d have to go to the director level to significantly increase my salary, and I’m not sure I want to do that.

-D/a

Mid-40’s, not going to vote because I’m not the demographic you’re looking for. Non-professional, got laid off a few months ago. Hope like hell I make more than that in the future :slight_smile:

Grad school now, so I think I can expect to do much better later.

I’m a teacher. Wages are going backwards. My plan is to marry a rich guy and be a housewife…so…200 per cent.

:wink:

Engineering graduate student, will graduate within 6 months. Current pay under $20k/year; only really cool offers below $100k will be considered (i.e. Dallara IndyCar, SpaceX/Tesla, J&J Sprint cars); otherwise I’m taking the highest pay/hour I can get.

Another grad student. I probably won’t make really huge amounts of money, but at least double what I make now.

This is a hard question to wrap my mind around right now. By the end of the year I will have made three times as much as I did last year, and I know I’ll make a few thousand more next year than this year. But I don’t have even the slightest clue what’ll happen after that. I sort of wish I knew what my boss makes, because I could end up in her current position someday (she’s being made a director, so I’m not hoping to scheme to get there)

I’m close to the end of my career (<10 years left to retirement).

Based on past history, I expect my salary to rise, but no more than 15% before I pull the plug.

Mid 40s. In real terms (adjusted for inflation) I don’t expect to make much more than I do now. I made a lot of progress in my career in my 20s and 30s, my last promotion was 4 years ago, and I expect my next one, if it ever comes, is a few years off.

I’m 51 and very well compensated for what I do. I’m in the final stages of a business negotiation that has the potential to quintuple my annual compensation within 3 years. I voted 500-1000%, which may be slightly optimistic, but not by much.

I’m 59 so I don’t expect much of a change in the next few years.

Early 30s. I’m a medical laboratory scientist (previously medical technologist but they keep changing the “official” term) and we’re not known as the best-paid gang in health care. I could see myself getting a little more money as I stay with the organization for several years, but it won’t be a huge increase. Even moving up to management wouldn’t do a ton for me - it would be more, but definitely not double what I make now.

Grad school or a specialized certificate in my field might bring me more money, but probably not if I stay with this organization. I’m comfortable where I am now, and don’t really want to change employers, so I’m content with my current salary.

>1000%

Perhaps I am delusional but I fully expect to be one of the wealthiest people in the world at some point.

I am 25 and currently make a decent living.

50s, Teacher. I’ve pretty much maxed out my pay scale. I think I’ll get 2 more minor seniority bumps up before I retire. Not more than a percentage point or two each time.

I work for the government, they don’t do raises.

37 years old, I expect to make less in the foreseeable future as I’m planning to switch jobs to expand my resume a bit. That being said, I don’t see my ultimate salary being more than 30-40% of where I am now. In fact, I’d be happy with where I am now for the rest of my life (COLAs notwithstanding). I make more than quadruple what I was making when I first got out of college, and a day doesn’t go by that I don’t feel extremely blessed/lucky.

Just retired, and as an Illinois teacher, I am not eligible for Social Security. My pension is less than half of what I made, so <100%

Early 30s, if my salary increases with inflation from here on out I’d be happy. Don’t tell my boss.