Poll: Weird skill you learned long ago you can still do

I can recite pi to 100 digits. I have no useful physical skills other than being able to write backward cursive with my non-dominant hand. Okay, I can also write upside down and backward legibly.

[QUOTE=olivesmarch4th]
Hey you took mine! My record is 4 seconds.
[/QUOTE]

Is this you, by any chance? :wink:

I can carve a wooden chain with a jack knife and piece of soft pine.

In sixth grade, I found a book in a ditch, walking home from school. It was a book on Gregg Shorthand. I carried it home, and after looking at a couple of pages, I thought what the hell. I might as well learn this.

It was pretty easy to pick up. It’s no different from a third-grader learning cursive. I used it throughout school to take notes, but my reading skill is much better than my writing skill. Anyway, I didn’t use it much after that. But any time I do think about it, I can see it all in my head. I haven’t forgotten it.

I can put on lipstick by holding the lipstick tube between my boobs. I learned it at camp.

Wait. …

I’m a guy. I don’t have red hair and I don’t even have boobs. That’s not me. That’s Molly Ringwald who can do that.

Why do I always get us confused?

I third the alphabet backwards, and also in the form of Z A Y B … Why i learnt to do that is something I am still trying to figure out.

I too can cut a deck of cards with one hand. And I can roll a coin across my knuckles.

Juggle three balls, bite my toenails, write mirror writing upside down backwards (I’ve posted the latter before).

I can brew beer, as well as catch food items (goldfish crackers, cheese cubes, etc…) in my mouth when thrown from some distance away. Say up to 25 feet or so.

[QUOTE=Sampiro]
I can also rolling jump a car but hopefull I’ll never need to again.
[/QUOTE]

Do you mean jump out of a car and hit the ground rolling, or drive a car over a ramp so that it rolls? I’m confused.

Among my other useless talents, I have an outie bellybutton that I can “suck in” and make it an inny.

[QUOTE=LifeOnWry]
My husband can roll a coin back and forth across his knuckles. Never fails to impress the kiddies.
[/QUOTE]
Haven’t done it years. I pulled out a quarter and tried it and after a few cycles it’s going fairly smoothly.

If I had a half dollar (or old UK penny) it would be perfect since my hands are too big for a quarter to be comfortable.

I wiggle my ears all of the time. It freaks people out.

I can spell words in sign language alphabet. I’ve been waiting 40 years to walk into a situation where I’d need it, but so far, no opportunities.

I can do black metal vocals pretty well. That’s a useless skill unless you’re a vocalist in a black metal band.

When I was in eighth or ninth grade, I saw a commercial for Downy fabric softener in which a little boy sniffs at his bathrobe sleeve, and he twitches his nose. The moment I saw that, I thought, “I should be able to do that”, and BAM! I twitched my nose.

Been able to do it ever since.

I can also lift either eyebrow independently of the other. Oddly, though, wiggling both eyebrows in tandem requires definite concentration.

I can and do fix all appliances. Did you know that if your $18 Mr. Coffee fails you can get parts for it? People think I’m nuts to spend time on old things, but I love to solder.

[Malienation], we were apparently separated at birth. Juggling and one-handed card cutting are my only skills.

I’d love to be able to roll a coin across my knuckles.

[QUOTE=LifeOnWry]
Point your two index fingers at one another in front of you. Now draw a clockwise circle in the air with one hand, and a counterclockwise circle in the air with the other, keeping your index fingers pointed inward - you have one hand rotating toward you, the other away from you.
[/QUOTE]
I can do this. One of the side benefits of extensive movement training in acting school. :slight_smile:
[QUOTE=Shagnasty]
I can squeeze my hands together to make these controllable fartish notes (my aunt can play songs).
[/QUOTE]
I can play the fiddle solo from “Devil Went Down to Georgia” on my farting hands.

I can perform the beshkan, the Persian Two-Handed Finger Snap.

[QUOTE=Fiddle Peghead]
I can perform the beshkan, the Persian Two-Handed Finger Snap.
[/QUOTE]

Yay! Now I can, too! How odd…

I taught myself face-painting in my early teens. I can face-paint faster then almost anybody (around 600 in one 10 hour span). I can also paint with my toes, but slower.