Poll: What Most Frightens You ?

Women.

extremists (either end)

mass stupidity

Something you cannot see that is trying to kill you…

Not getting a second chance.

nuclear weapons

Becoming old, frail, and infirm.

Poisons

It’s a tossup between public speaking and dentists. Just the thought of either makes me sick to my stomach. Er, excuse me…

Whales and spiders.

And people.

Deathly afraid of skunks.

A more long-term fear is slowly going mushbrained as a result of Alzheimer’s or strokes or whatever, and having juuuust enough consciousness left to realize that I’m not QUITE a vegetable. Someone kindly shoot me if this happens…

i’ve read sociopaths tend to gravitate towards government.

Something happening to my Father.

Something happening to my Mother.

Men who never have doubts in their cause.

The things that were done in the totalitarian states. Or are still being done.

HELL yea.

I don’t want to sound like I’m a bad person, but if they threaten me with torture, I’m letting everything out the bag.

And spiders, and getting bitten by spiders. And rats, having a rat lay on top of me. And snakes, getting bitten by snakes.

The thought of anything really bad happening to my little girl.

Insects.

Being trapped underwater and not being able to come up for air, like if I fell through ice or fell into a pool and got entangled in the plastic sheet pool cover. That’s probably my biggest irrational fear, and I can hardly watch scenes in movies like that (such as Lethal Weapon 1 or Alien: Resurrection).

My big irrational childhood fear was taking out the garbage at night, and having a big tarantula leap out of the trash can and cling onto my face, Alien “face hugger” style. Needless to say, all the Alien movies really screw with me. And I do live in Miami, where there conceivably could be tarantulas.

Torture and mutilation (especially while I’m still alive) are high up there. Being sent to jail or prison is a frightening thought as well.

Don’t watch Lethal Weapon 4, then, either.

For me, interestingly enough, it’s people who don’t fear death.

Ticks!

I fear yellow gum.