Poll: Who's hotter, Palin or Biden?

I was wondering where I would get to make this shallow comment, and this seems like the thread to do it. Joe Biden is a handsome older guy, but goddamn, he needs a better haircut. Every time they showed the back of his head, with that weird curl at the bottom, I cringed. His hair is also a weirdish color. He needs a new stylist. Not an Edwardsian $400 haircut, just something a bit more flattering.

That said, I think Tina Fey makes a much sexier Sarah Palin. Why does the Governor insist on having that point on the top of her head? It looks odd and I don’t like it.

Bottom line: I don’t like their hair. What scintillating political commentary.

I’m EddyTeddyFreddy, and I agree with this message.

Except the last sentence; I hate those kind of spike into the eye bangs.

Sigh. That is a perfectly legit alternative pronunciation.

Is it? This dictionary says it’s controversial and disapproved of by many, despite its creep into the language via metathesis, wherein the letters of the word are switched in pronunciation. I’d say it still sounds quite ignorant and grating, regardless of who said it. A person could certainly be legitimately turned off by it without being sighed at for it.

You also could dislike a southern accent thinking it sounded “quite ignorant and grating”. Still, “nukular” is a legit usage. Your dislike of it appears politcal.

If by “perfectly legit” you mean “wrong,” and by “alternative” you mean “as fuck,” then yeah, you right.

Maybe if you repeat it, without backing it up, a few more times, you’ll convince yourself. Meanwhile, you’re *really *just making yourself look like a retard.

Wiki says, with cites: *Nucular *is an ad hoc spelling of an incorrect pronunciation of the word nuclear, representing the IPA: /ˈnjuːkjələr/ (NEW-cue-lurr) pronunciation of that word instead of the correct /ˈnjuːkliːɚ/ (NEWK-lee-urr).

This pronunciation is incorrect, although some dictionaries recognize it because of its increasing usage.

[Note: dictionaries just report usage, without comment on the usage’s correctness.]

You mean, because it’s in the dictionary? The dictionary reflects usage, it doesn’t dictate it. (Because if it did, it would have to be called a dictationary, and hardly anyone would pronounce that correctly.)

Biden is handsome but he’s boring. Looking at Palin hurts my eyes and she’s got a grating voice, most of the time, although it’s kinda cute the way she says “Doggone it!”

ETA: well** lissener’s **post wasn’t here when I composed this, that is all.

Yes, I could, and if I felt that way, I might find a person with a southern accent less hot because of it. Finding someone hot is a very subjective thing, you see. If the OP finds the pronunciation particularly irritating, that’s a legit reason for being turned off by someone. Happens all the time.

I gave you a cite wherein the pronunciation was described as controversial and widely disapproved of. Is the author of dictionary.com also anti-Palin? Please. I don’t particularly like Palin, no, but I didn’t like it when Jimmy Carter said it either, so… no, sorry, but you’re wrong. I just dislike incorrect pronunciations of words. I’m funny that way.

I was wondering why a poll on which candidate was hotter was in the Pit to begin with. But after reading a lot of the comments in here, I guess it really is the appropriate place.

Just looks, no politics, right?

They are both extremely good-looking, IMHO, in fact the physical attractiveness of them both was practically a distraction during the debate.

I’m so boringly heterosexual that I’d personally have no interest in Palin, but I could see how most guys would lust for her.

I really hadn’t paid much attention to Biden until recently, and was amazed to see what a gorgeous creature he is. Smart, handsome, articulate… mmmm.

You have a point. I found Palin mildly fuckable but after reading Lissener’s post that I kinda agree with in prinicple, I think she’s a bit of a monster too, now.

You guys have never heard of a hate fuck?

Isn’t that called “rape”?

I have a girl-crush on Tina Fey but I do not get the same ooglies for Palin (although she is hot…) I think her hair in the eyes thing is too much. That and the whole talking thing.

I was watching the debate tonight and I, too, found Biden’s looks to be distracting. He’s hotter than 1994 Bill Clinton.

If Obama/Biden wins, it will be the seXXiest White House EVAH!

I don’t know, but you shore got a purty mouth.

Hotter even than Taylor/Fillmore??

Millard or Mallard?

Biden is a handsome man.

At first look Palin looks do-able,… until she starts talking. Then she gets ugly quick.

I’d do Tina Fey as Palin in a heartbeat though.

Biden may be older than my dad, but he’s a damn handsome man. I quietly commented on this to myself when he got the VP nod: that we would have an exceptionally photogenic White House this time around.

Palin… She’s a good looking woman, charismatic like the head cheerleader in high school, but whenever I try to think of her in a sexy way I’m reminded of a comment my friend Chris made:

“I don’t get some guys. I like smart girls. I don’t want to stick my dick into something stupid.”