[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
So this new guy is now a parent? How so? Fiat? Double Secret PolyNoTakeBacks?
[/QUOTE]
In much the same way the new guy would be the kid’s parent if mom and dad had gotten divorced, and mom had married new guy.
My son (from a previous marriage) has two moms, and two dads. Please explain how this is different from a poly situation, other than the fact of two households.
[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
They don’t need her input. They need her permission. As I said, if my parents had pulled this shit on me I would have been out of there.
[/QUOTE]
So if mom and dad get divorced, mom needs permission from junior before she can remarry? I don’t recall my parents asking me for permission for them to divorce- do people do things differently in your world?
[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
I don’t care one way or another what consenting adults do with their sex lives.
[/QUOTE]
Obviously, you do.
[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
Children change the equation. If you think that a nine year old and an eleven year old are knowledgable and mature enough to hold their own in a discussion of this magnitude then I suggest that you have an eccentric grasp on things. Was “no” one of her options? If not, it was not a negotioation, or a discussion. It was an executive order.
[/QUOTE]
I didn’t ask my son if I could get a divorce. I didn’t ask him if I could remarry. I didn’t ask him if I could move halfway across the country. It’s not a negotiation, or a discussion- almost everything a parent does is an “executive order”. It’s kind of in the job description.
I’m not in a poly relationship, but I have quite a few friends who are. They’re a lot more openminded and accepting of others than you seem to be.
You seem to be very against anything which puts a child into a non-traditional family. What are your thoughts on divorce? How about same-sex marriage?