Poor Things - movie. Open spoilers after first post

Any implication about your sophistication or lack thereof is in your head. There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting movies in their comfort zone but my point is that there are some movies I could recommend to a wide swath of people knowing little about them with a strong expectation that they would like it. This is not one of those movies. Sophistication has nothing to do with it. It is weird, a certain distinctive variant of weird. I again am surprised that my enjoyment of this weird is shared by so many. It often is not. And not because I all so sophisticated. I am not.

My experience of the movie was not that this was written for the male gaze. Some who have seen it of both genders agree with me about that; I’ve not met IRL anyone who disagrees but have read that opinion here and in a few review articles by people I don’t know. Those are subjective opinions I can agree or disagree with, but they are informed opinions.

If here you read an implication about your opinion on this you are correct. It is simply uninformed.