Poorly Conceived Shop Names

That is hilarious.

A major real estate company in the Philadelphia area is called Fox and Roach.

Some ad keeps running on the radio for Loan Shack. It continues to sound like Loan Shark in the ads.

There is a Fry Electric around here too. It’s not related to the one you mentioned in Texas.

Not quite poorly conceived (rather the opposite, I suppose) but there’s a local Piano Moving Company called “Deathwish Piano Movers” that always gets a chuckle from me.

Amigone Funeral Home

I know it’s not pronounced the same, but the signs are pretty funny.

Krazy Katt’s Tattoo parlor gets me. Why would I want a crazy person coming at me with a needle full of ink?

Aids for the Disabled in Oxford folded in the late 80s.

Payne Furniture

Drug Palace

T&A Seafood seems a bit creepy to me.

I just today saw a used car dealership in Newark, NJ called “Mirage”.

Not that they’d deceive you, or anything…

Is it successful? 'Cause I just can’t imagine.

There’s a bar in Brussells called Drug Opera. It’s like a soap opera but more surreal.

In the Pacific Northwest, we get constant TV ads for the ‘Senior Housing Assistance Group’ - which they refer to as SHAG…

I haven’t audited them or anything, but they pay for a lot of newspaper ads. Here’s the website: http://www.frys.com/

There’s one down here named “Fat”! It appears to be quite successful…

Talking of clothing stores, this is probably the place to mention how totally I am over “FCUK”. Yeah, you’re so clever you’re almost saying a rude word in public. At least before it actually left the shores of the UK there was some meaning behind the name, but here? I don’t think so. :rolleyes:

Sure they do wiring. At least they were doing well until there has been absolutely no jobs in the area. They are probably like most of the remaining contractors that are on the brink of going under around here.

How about T&A Supply Company? (No, it is not in Hollywood - it is another PacNW establishment)

There’s a Mercury Fish & Chips restaurant in Southfield Mi. IIRC it was named for a nearby Mercury Theater. BTW the fish was great.

Not to mention anatomically incorrect.

What?

That reminds me of B & E Electronics. Sounds like buying a stereo that some guy is selling out of his trunk.