Pop tarts, breathe free tonight...

What a coincedence that this thread should be here! I went through a spell where I picked the strawberry or blueberry NON-Frosted kind. . . don’t know where my head was at there.

I like the Wildberry ones okay, but you know what kind I * refuse* to try? The Watermelon ones! Watermelon pastry? I DON’T THINK SO!

• Leslie (who just finished a loverly Frosted Blueberry Pop-Tart with a proper cup of tea)

Leslie Irish Evans
http://leslie.scrappy.net

You kids are MISSING OUT on the far-superior “Toaster Pastries” - the ones that are actual pastries and have do-it-yourself REAL frosting packets and need to be kept frozen. Pop Tarts are simply a poor, dry, measly alternative.

They come in fruit, fruit-with-cream-cheese (SUPER YUM!) and also egg-bacon-cheese varieties. So good.

Sucks to your assmar.

Yeah but there is something to that dryness, and the way they crumble all around when you bite into one and not leave a sticky residue that makes them so apealing. That and the way those little colorful sprinkles pile up to turn ones keyboard into a rainbow delite. A frozen pastry just cannot do that I say!

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Ah! Crackwhore has a point. The letter “J” on my keyboard doesn’t work properly because of an errant pop tart sprinkle.

Frosted Strawberry Pop Tarts with a cold glass of Cow Juice is my preference.

I have the ‘Family’ 12 pack for both Cherry and Strawberry. Perfect breakfast and midmorning snack for the financially strapped college student. I can never have enough!

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

I love those new multi-pack ones they have now, where you get the variety of different Pop-Tarts. Of course, in my family, the cherry and the blueberry are gone the first day.

BTW, I must be the only one who does not like the cinnamon Pop-Tarts, or the chocolate for that matter. My favorite is cherry or strawberry.

Shadowfox
“We are what we pretend to be.”

• Kurt Vonnegut

You know, Opal, for someone who throws a fit whenever anyone questions your vegetarianism, you certainly do care a lot about how I eat my Pop Tarts, and that’s only because you think milk is icky!

I love strawberry frosted Pop-Tarts. They make me happy. They bring me joy. Pop-Tarts are sunshine on my cloudy day.

My favorite flavor? The elusive frosted grape Pop Tart. A rare breed but worth the hunt.

I may disagree with Opal on other food issues, but as far as Pop-Tarts go, she is the queen.

Inky, I’ve got to ask…

When you titled this thread, were you listening to Rod Stewart’s “Young Turks”? Every time I see this title, all I can hear is “young hearts, be free tonight…”

Are you hearing it now? Or are the voices only in my head?

Back to your regularly scheduled Pop-Tarts.

GASP

Mike I thought it was a fevered dream! A virtual hallucination but HO! Another has witnessed the elusive Grape Pop Tart!! Ihad them once at a friends house and have never ever found them again!!! Oh thank god there is another out there that has tasted of the grapery goodness and talked!!!

I knew deep in my subconscious that they existed!!! I knew it I knew it I knew it!!!

I know that I have put you through hell, and I know that I have been one rough pecker. But from here on, you are all in my cool book.- Seth Gecko From Dusk Till Dawn

Well, Cristi gets the prize for spotting the song I named the title of this thread after.

Now I can take evil pleasure in knowing that every time Rod Stewert’s “Yound Terks” plays, she will hear distorted lyrics. Kind of like when they used the Beach Boys’ “good vibrations” for that Sunkist orange soda commercial, or “anticipation” for Huntz Ketchup.

Inky

Frosted variety: Chocolate
Non-frosted variety: Blueberrry
Either should definately be accompanied by a glass/carton of very cold milk.
When my former job used to keep me on the road a lot, I discovered that when motel bound and without toasters, a Pop Tart two pack will warm up nicely when balanced atop the lampshade directly above the bulb for about half a minute.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
–Einstein

Cant do pop tarts, they are sooo dry. But give me an ooey gooey cinny bun and a glass of milk and I’m in total heaven/

I am me… accept it or not.

Drain, I was just making the point that pop tarts don’t REQUIRE milk. YOu know, the way that human life requires oxygen and so on. While you may prefer it that way, it isn’t a requirement. I’m living proof!

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

Your family EATS the cherry ones? Someone get these people into therapy!!

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

I used to love Pop-Tarts. They were great a few years ago. I wouldn’t eat anything else for breakfast.

Then they changed the box, and the Pop-Tarts within.

They killed my Pop-Tarts! The new ones make me sick to my stomach, they’re so sweet. I miss the good ol’ days. [sigh]

SanibelMan - My Homepage
I could be doing something, but… why?