Porter Goss: Cheney Cat's Paw

For those curious about Rep.Goss :wally

Porter Goss: Cheney Cat's Paw - Antiwar.com Original :smiley: :eek: :smack:

I cannot understand this administration, nor those who continue to defend it. This was probably the MOST partisan and most divisive pick he could have made. At a time when the CIA needs to be seen as professional and not political, when it needs reform, he picked a politician: one of the most controversial they could find.

And if Kerry wins the election, he will have a head of the CIA who’s called the CiC nasty names on the floor of Congress. A man who scoffed at investigations of the Palem leak (and took a jab at Clinton in the same breath). What the hell are they thinking? Must every person in the U.S. government be a loyal toady for the administration, or could we maybe have some decent, honest civil servants who are concerned with doing their jobs well instead of garnering good PR for the Bushes?

Oh, I understand it. They’re driving this country like they stole it. They know they won’t be driving for long, so they’re flooring it and making the most of their joyride.

and the debate here is…

Frankly, the CIA just needs to be straight up disbanded. It has done far more harm than good and it’s analysts can be simply brought into the NSA or FBI.

Ermm . . . look, is the director of CIA a patronage or civil-service job? That is, could Kerry fire Goss after he takes office?

http://www.cia.gov/dci/public_affairs/faq.html#2

What’s up with Porter Goss? What are your objections to him?

Before today, I don’t think I’d ever heard the name. I’ve learned he’s a Republican congressman who was a CIA agent in another life. That’s all I know.

What’s the beef?

You must not have seen Fahrenheit 9-11.

Nope. Don’t think it’s here yet.

Michael Moore has said it’s OK to download Fahrenheit 9/11 from the internet.

Would that disqualify it for an Oscar?

Interesting question. It doesn’t seem to be “officially” endorsed (I doubt Moore is the actual copyright holder), but Lion’s Gate isn’t condemning the practice or doing anything to stop it.

link?

See my post #13 above.

Was there sale on emoticons over at Wallyworld? Too bad the OP didn’t pick up some substance while they were at it…

I meant a link to f911

:cool: Uh, he didn’t *say * it was alright, that would disqualify him from the Oscar. :smiley: :rolleyes: :dubious: :eek:

Cite?

Oh. Well, I’m hesitant to actually post a link here, since the mods have closed threads for less… but the article says it’s “distributed via websites such as” one example, and if you go to that site, it’s easy to search for “fahrenheit”. (You’ll need a BitTorrent client installed to download it.)

What he said was: “I don’t have a problem with people downloading the movie and sharing it with people as long as they’re not trying to make a profit off my labour.”