Positive Gun News of the Day

And then there’s this story: Grizzly Bear Attack in Montana Stopped with 9mm Pistols

On a side note, while I’m glad it all worked out neatly for Nick Irving I still believe there should be a maximum three-hashtag limit for any one tweet.

A similar thing happened with the subject of Lone Survivor, Marcus Luttrell, when some local yokels shot and killed his dog DASY. He gave chase, over 40 miles and through three counties, and ended up apprehending the perpetrators, without shooting them. One got probation, the other 2 years in the pen. I don’t think anything would have happened to him had he shot both men.

Poor target selection by the criminals.

EDIT: *Of course * Irving Instagram’d the apprehension. Sigh. Sure he wasn’t a SEAL at some point?

We need common-sense restrictions on high-hashtag-capacity tweets!

This was immensely funny. Thank you.

Idle musings: does a SEAL with dreads still get the hair gel allotment, or is he allowed to use the money instead for creatine, etc…?

From last night in Dayton, Ohio, a clerk at a Dollar General store fatally shot a man who was threatening the clerk and other employees at the store with a gun in an attempted armed robbery.

(There’s no official “police/the District Attorney have ruled this a case of self-defense” in the story, so I suppose it’s possible some other facts will come to light, but it seems pretty clear-cut.)

From last month in Salina, Kansas, a 63-year-old man was at home with his 12-year-old daughter when a man kicked in their door. The man claimed he was running away from someone; when the intruder closed the door and attempted to lock it behind him, the homeowner told his daughter to retrieve a firearm, then held the intruder at gunpoint until the police arrived.

No shots were fired, and no one was injured (except that the intruder apparently suffered a minor injury to his foot when he kicked the door in).

The family’s response is almost insane enough to trigger an aneurysm.

Family of armed robber outraged that store clerk shot and killed their brother in self-defense: ‘Yes, he’s robbing them — oh well!’

Flashing back to the family who was outraged that a homeowner shot someone robbing her home. “You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” Harris said. “You have to understand … how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

The law, and my moral compass, disagree.

Runner on his way to the Chicago Marathon disarmed a robber on the L. Robber, who turned out to have a long rap sheet, wasn’t so tough without his gun.

A literal “gun-grabber” named “LaPierre”! :smiley:

Presumably no relation to Wayne.

From a couple of days ago near Seattle, a woman returned home to her apartment to find the door kicked in. She called her husband, who came home from work and checked out the apartment, but when the husband came back outside the couple’s next-door neighbor came at him with a hammer. The husband ordered the man to drop the weapon, then shot and wounded him.

The hammer-wielding neighbor is in custody at a local hospital; the shooter is reportedly cooperating with the local sheriff’s department, who have said they believe he acted in self-defense. The couple had reportedly had some trouble with this neighbor before; he presumably was also the person who kicked in their door. The neighbor will also face an escape charge related to a separate incident.

From earlier this month in Andrews, Texas, a man stabbed a woman in the parking lot of the local post office; when law enforcement arrived the suspect was already being held at gunpoint by two witnesses to the attack (the attacker had reportedly threatened one of the gun-toting citizens as well). The woman was treated and released at a local hospital; her knife-wielding attacker was charged and arrested.

Of course we don’t have the death penalty for burglary. He wasn’t tried, found guilty and shot. He was shot because the person he was robbing didn’t know exactly what his intentions were, and had every right to defend themselves from someone they suspected might kill them (because sadly, robberies that end in murder DO happen).

And I’m not going to cry over someone contributing so little to the world that they thought it was a good idea to rob someone to begin with. Not saying they necessarily ‘deserved’ death, but neither does someone who jumps into a lion’s zoo exhibit trying to ‘pet the kitty’. I’m just just going to mourn them, sorry.

You mean not having the money for gas last week DOESN’T give me the right to threaten someone’s life while taking their hard-earned cash? What??

From a couple of weeks ago in Franklin, Kentucky, two men, at least one of whom was armed with a handgun, attempted to rob a cellular phone store. The store owner drew his own gun and (according to the police report) “chased the suspects from the store”. It does not appear from the report that any shots were fired.

From earlier this month in New York City, of all places: An employee at a Bronx grocery store reported that a man with a gun tried to rob him at around 1 a.m.; the employee (who reportedly is licensed to carry a firearm) shot the would-be robber several times, leaving him in critical condition (a different article reports that the injured man is in “critical but stable condition” and has “been placed under arrest with charges pending”). From the first article, “Officials said the store employee has not been arrested but that the investigation is ongoing”.

From a couple of weeks ago in Columbia, South Carolina: A man pulled a gun on another man and attempted to rob him outside a convenience store. The victim pulled his own gun and held the attempted robber until police arrived. It turned out that the robber’s “gun” was an airsoft gun, but the guy with the pellet gun was still charged with armed robbery.

(As one of the things the would-be airsoft robber tried to steal from his victim was a small amount of marijuana, the robbery victim was cited for possession of marijuana. Bad, bad, naughty Good Guy With Gun!)

Several shots and homeowner only hit the guy once? I wonder if the first shots were warning shots?

This guy was sure determined to break in.
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/11/03/wyandot-burglary-aaron-rivers/amp/

So, the guy’s neighbor tried breaking in? Or did Rivers go over there for help? Confusing story.