Post-war Iraq, CNN, and the missing news...

I wasn’t sure where to post this, so I figured, if you don’t know, it must be MPSIMS.

Today, while I was working, I had CNN on in the background. I caught a portion of a story, something about a government plan for post-war Iraq, and it being divided into three sectors.

I was busy, so I didn’t really pay attention to the broadcast, figuring I could read the news story later.

I also thought that it would be interesting GD material, so I found a defunct thread about post-war Iraq, and I planned on reviving the thread, with a link to this news story.

Probably within an hour, I went to Google’s news search, and tried to find the story. No luck.

I waited another hour, and then another, and then another…nothing.

Thinking that was odd, as this would be a pretty big and important story, I went directly to the CNN site. I looked in the Iraq Tracker, I looked in the US section, the World section - I couldn’t find it anywhere. So I used the Search function, typing “three sectors”.

The first item on the list, dated today, is:

When you click on the link, it leads to a “404 page not found” error.

Now, sure, I suppose that the link could have simply been typo’d. But I can’t find the story anywhere.

And interesting, I’ve been watching CNN much of the rest of the day, and never heard the story again. It is the disappearing news story.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Could it be that CNN could verify the story, and simply pulled it? Could it be that the government didn’t want it published, and asked CNN to pull it? Is a great conspiracy?

What are your thoughts? And if you can find the story, please post a link. (DDG, you out there?)

This sounds like what you’re looking for.

Oh, and in case you’re curious, I found it by searching for “iraq three sectors” on Google News. Must not have been up yet when you searched. The CNN article still returns a 404.

Muchos gracias, neutron star.

Yes, apparently, I just didn’t wait enough hours.