Praise me, for I have kept my mouth shut!

Just a minute or so ago, I was out in the cafeteria area getting a cup of lemon tea (it’s been a long day!).

A rather voluptuous female co-worker came up behind me and reached around my waist to the drawer beside me saying, “I just need a fork!”

Of course, the first thing that sprang to my perverted mind was this response: “Oh God, me too!!”

But I didn’t say it. I’m a good boy. :cool:

gives Astroboy14 a cookie

“Would you settle for a spoon?” :stuck_out_tongue:

You blew it, man! She was totally coming on to you!

Nah… besides, I’m taken.

“Sometimes we all need a (good) fork.”

Did her boob touch your shoulder as she reached around you?

:cool:

I have it on reasonably good authority (though a long ago one) that voluptuous and volunteer have their origins in the same word. I can’t remember what that word is, but I always thought this information was amusing. I’m sharing this tidbit after forty years.

Uh, Go VOLS!

<golf clap>

Indeed it did. :slight_smile:

Women have no idea how little it takes to give us guys a thrill… or maybe they do!

Now, now children. Play knife.

ok, perhaps you should have said it, or something similiar to it, but if you’re taken by your choice, then you did the right thing by holding your tongue…

“Well, ok, I guess I can have this tea later…”

:: ??? :::

That dark, cowering mass in the corner is your tenuous grip on reality, harmswai.

Bravo.

maybe, Chief, but i’m not one to put myself in situations that could compromise my marriage or my job…

Let me check to see if I have any condiments.

The word you’re referring to is the latin *velle *, meaning to wish.

You’re welcome.

As in, “I wish I could touch those boobies?”

That’s the second time I’ve typed “boobies” (<— third!) in like the last minute.

Beat me to the search. A source I often use is etymonline.com

voluptuous
c.1374, “of desires or appetites,” from O.Fr. voluptueux, from L. voluptuosus “full of pleasure, delightful,” from voluptas “pleasure, delight,” from volup “pleasurably,” perhaps ultimately related to velle “to wish,” from PIE *wol-/*wel- “be pleasing” (see will (v.)). Meaning “addicted to sensual pleasure” is recorded from c.1440. Sense of “suggestive of sensual pleasure” is attested from 1816 (Byron); especially in ref. to feminine beauty from 1839. Voluptuary “one addicted to sensuous pleasures” is attested from 1610.

[Minor (?) hijack]

Words that are all inter-related, according to etymonline.com:

parole
parable
parabola
parlay
parley
parlor
parlance
palaver

[/end hijack]