Pregnant without having sex?

What are the chances of a woman getting pregnant without having sex? Let’s say two people are making out with their clothes on and there’s some “leakage”…what’s the chance of that causing pregnancy? Consider these questions: Could the sperm swim through the clothes or would the people have had to be naked? If it can swim through clothes, how many layers? Also, how long can sperm survive outside the human body? Any info is appreciated!

Common sense would lead you to believe that, no, it wouldn’t be very easy to impregnate a woman without penetration.

OTH…

Anadotal evidence tends to support that it is a common occurance. I’ve heard the “we were just messing around a little” excuse for pregnancy more times than I can count. Wheather these stories are true, or are just concocted to molify parents and other judgemental people, I can’t say.

Use a condom. If you’re that close, you’re going to let him in.
Better yet, stop.
You’re too young to have a baby.
Please.
Peace,
Grampa mangeorge

“If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything” Mark Twain 1894

Incidentally, what was the verdict on the old chestnut about the civil war soldier who was shot in the scrotum, and the bullet passed out the other side, hit a virgin in the abdomen, and impregnated her?

The answers to all your questions are, “It depends.” Certainly sperm can swim through cloth, the cloth can act as a screen, how effective a screeen depends on the fabric, its thickness, the weave, etc. Similarly, sperm can exist outside the body for a while, but “how long” depends on the temperature, the surface, etc.

The main point here is that telling you the chances are “1 in 100” or “1 in 1000” would be deceptive… and not worth the risk. There are too many variables for you to be taking the risk, period.

Anybody ever hear of parthogenesis?

I believe the term you are looking for is Parthenongenesis, the belief ancient Greek buildings arose spontaneously from building materials carelessly left lying around.

I do sex ed with clients sometimes, and here’s what I’ve been instructed to tell them (not in these exact words): Penetration is not absolutely necessary to cause pregnancy, although it makes it a hell of a lot more likely. Any kind of fooling around where people get parallel can result in pregnancy. It’s also remotely possible for pregnancy to result from switched underwear.

You CANNOT get pregnant from a toilet seat, swimming pool, etc.

In other words, there doesn’t have to be penetration, but there does have to be some very close contact.

The answer to this questions depends on your definition of sex.

–Rowan

I’ve heard of it happening, but only in Dear Abby columns (which also tell us the US almost went to speaking German but lost by by one vote, so we know what a source of news Dear Abby is). Realistically, and without getting too graphic, you have to ask yourself if the male ejaculated, would you find any hint of dampness on the other end of a pair of underwear, a pair of jeans, another pair of jeans and then the other side of her underwear? If so, that’s one hell of a guy you have there or else you need to move around more. But, if we’re talking two teenagers in their undies messing around, I’d say you have an excellent chance of an accident. Might not be as great as if you had intercourse, but it’s still playing with fire.

As for parthogenesis, that is reproduction without sex (and presumably without an Angel of the Lord knocking you up, either) so I don’t think it’s relevant here.

"I guess it is possible for one person to make a difference, although most of the time they probably shouldn’t.

I’ve heard the story too, but I have trouble buying it. Even if the sperm-contaminated bullet did end up in the virgin’s uterus, complications (the enterance wound, infection) would prevent any babies.

What about from used bathtub water? Can a woman get pregnant if their is spermies in the water [just how they got there isn’t of concern :-)]

Jeez… The knowledge of the human body is not at its peak here. Sperm is not “stored” in the scrotum, but in the prostrate.

If that’s true, then my urologist performed my vasectomy in the wrong place. I believe you are thinking of the seminal fluid which accounts for most of the ejaculate. The sperm comes from the testicles (in the scrotum) and combine with the fluid from the prostate.

Or here, apparently.

The sperm are produced in the testes and matured and stored in the epididymus (great word), a tightly coiled tube on top of each testis. From there the sperm travel through the vas deferens to the ejaculatory duct, which connects with the urethra inside the prostate gland. The prostate produces a milky, slightly alkaline fluid which contributes to semen; no sperm at all.

Watch, i’ll bet someone beat me to it.

Phantomwise

…never seen by waking eyes…

For nickrz

Try a little research-you’ll be amazed!

Cecil’s comment on this issue, or something closely related to it, was “one known case.” This comment led one reader to wonder, “Aren’t you going to tell us what the one known case was?” To which Cece responded (and this is the best part): “I suppose I could, Alison. But it’s been pretty well publicized.”

Cecil’s comment on this issue, or something closely related to it, was “one known case.” This comment led one reader to wonder, “Aren’t you going to tell us what the one known case was?” To which Cece responded (and this is the best part): “I suppose I could, Alison. But it’s been pretty well publicized.”

“We all sat around and lit candles and listened to John Lennon tell us with real emotion in his voice how he was the eggman, and that they were the eggmen, and that he was the walrus, and by God, we knew what he was talking about.” --Dave Barry

[[Jeez… The knowledge of the human body is not at its peak here. Sperm is not “stored” in the scrotum, but in the prostrate.]]
Is this how the rumor got started that the woman won’t get pregnant if the man isn’t face down during sex?

–Rowan

Quote:

Incidentally, what was the verdict on the old chestnut about the civil war soldier who was shot in the scrotum, and the bullet passed out the other side, hit a virgin in the abdomen, and impregnated her?

Crock. Spoof that was taken seriously.

For Ezstrete - Try researching a sense of humor.