The Name of the Game
Mannix
Julia
Petticoat Junction
The Wild, Wild, Wild, Wild West
The Prisoner
Laugh In
The Smothers Brothers
I’ve got the Mannix theme running on loop in my head now.

What prime time TV shows did you watch regularly?

Loved detective shows! Never really got into Mannix, but I always watched Cannon, Barnaby Jones, and Columbo.

Sitcoms: The Addams Family, The Munsters, F Troop.

The Outer Limits
The Invaders
The Dean Martin Show
Batman
All the Bob Hope specials

When I was a wee lad, I watched Alf, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazard, The A-Team and Fall Guy. I’m also old enough to have been a fan of Happy Days and Three’s Company toward the end of their runs.

The Carol Burnett Show
All in the Family
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
M
ASH
Star Trek
The Red Skelton Show
Maude
Rhoda*

Yep, I’m 53.

MAS*H
Family
WKRP in Cincinnati
Barney Miller
Sanford and Son
Banacek (and the Mystery Theater in general)

I have a hard job recalling which shows I watched as a young Young at home before college, and which shows I watched as a lessyoung Young when I had gone out on my own in the 80s. Some bridged the gap (MAS*H, for example).

I haven’t thought of Mannix in a million years. I loved Mannix. And there used to be a show with Tony Francioso as a blind dectective with a seeing eye dog…what was that show? I also loved Columbo, Rockford Files, MacMillan and Wife and McCloud.

For non-detective shows, as a kid I lived for the Wonderful World of Disney and the Carol Burnett Show.

StG

The first batch I remember well was the CBS Saturday night lineup of Sea Hunt, Have Gun Will Travel and Gunsmoke. I watched the Flintstones, Twilight Zone and Dick van Dyke also. I was not that young a guy when the other things mentioned here came on.

Toy’s Colonel Gentleman Wishes He Had When He Was A Lad but They Weren’t Invented Yet: Micronauts, Toss Across, Which Witch … .

Longstreet?

I’m 11 years older than you, but these were my favorites as well . . . plus a few earlier ones:

*Twilignt Zone
Outer Limits
The Dick van Dyke Show
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Smothers Brothers
Laugh-In

Now that I’m home, I’m looking over the TV schedules from the 70s and can’t believe the shows we watched. Emergency! Streets of San Francisco. Ironside. Six Million Dollar Man. Kojak! Amazing…
Baa Baa Black Sheep. OMG, we watched that one religiously at my house. <smh>

How young of a chick?

Here Come The Brides.
Mary Tyler Moore.
Man From U.N.C.L.E. (and I pick David McCallum over icky Robert Vaughn any day!)
Star Trek (yes, the original, yes I was a Trekker though a girl, yes, I LOVED Spock)
Smothers Brothers
Midnight Special (?) and Don Kirschner’s Rock Concert (I remember Alice Cooper, O The Horror! lol. My mom and I stayed up way late to see some guy called David Bowie - yowza!)
Lost In Space
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
The Wild, Wild West
Hullabaloo (and… can’t remember the name of the other music show…)
Hootenany!

Slightly younger than you, so I’d put all of these down, then add:

Cagney and Lacey
Hill Street Blues
Lou Grant

Exactly! Did you remember it, or did you have to look it up? I’d forgotten the name, but I thought Tony Franciosa made being blind look so cool.

StG

Longstreet was played by James Franciscus, was he not? I remember him a good looking blond.

Tony Franciosa was NOT goodlooking or blond.

Was that The Name of The Game? I remember him being in it and there were 3 stars and 3 story lines… I think. (I know I could google, but this is more fun).

Just read posts above mine.

Duh!

I think he was goodlooking.

Here Come the Brides! Wow - I’d forgotten all about that show. One of the teen idols Bobby _______ was one of the stars.

I pick Ilia Kuriakan too!

I loved The Midnight Special!

“Danger, Will Robinson” is still one of my favorite lines. I get odd looks sometimes.

I was going to be a dancer on Hullabaloo or Soul Train or American Bandstand. I used to practice in front of the mirror for the spotlight dance or the Soul Train line.

Bobby Sherman.