Prince Charles And His Medals

No , his Brother Andrew was the chopper pilot in the Falklands campaign

Charles flew F-4 phantoms for the RN

Declan

I understood he Captained a frigate - mainly on fisheries protection duties…

Charlie deserved at least some of the medals for putting up with Her Royal Blonde Nuttiness.

Camilla might not be pretty but Charlie never wanted to be Diana’s tampon. :smiley:

I am surprised he wasn’t awarded the Supreme and Noble Order of the Codfish to add to his vast collection.

I’m more suprised that he wasn’t awarded the High order of the tampon wannabe.

Good luck to him. He should have married Camilla in the first place.

Jet pilot, helicoptor pilot and commander of a coastal mine hunter.

I think you are confused.

Charles was born into wealth and power, got into a top university with low grades, had his pick of military jobs and committed adultery before, during and after his marriage. Apparently this makes him fit to be the future automatic Head of the Church of England.

Diana sponsored charities such as removing land mines and was prepared to shake the hand of an AIDS patient.

Given the nature of the founder of the Church of England, I’d say he’s on the right track but has barely got started. Now, if he’d had Diana beheaded…

He does as much for charity as she did but he has a nose and sticky out ears. Blondey was just more popular with the press.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/trusts/index.html
WORKING FOR CHARITY
In 2004, The Prince of Wales helped to raise, directly or indirectly, around £100 million pounds for charity. He is also President or Patron of more than 360 organisations

Well, my roast of our own future royal family, the Kerrys, didn’t go so well, it seems, but yeah–same thing. It’s the 21st frickin’ century, for kraissakes, and we’ve still got kings and earls and shit walking around the planet. Fuck that shyte.

Neither Charles nor GWB never deserved to be anything more than a convenience store checkout clerk or Walmart greeter (not to put down such occupations; I’ve done similar jobs), not the pampered bitches they are.

I did that too. Can I have my medal now?

I’m pretty certain a large number of us have both given money to charities and shaken the hand of an AIDS patient. IOW, there’s nothing extraordinary in Diana’s actions. If you’ve an issue with the honors granted to Charles, I’m not sure why you think Diana would deserve so much praises.

The Royal Webmaster needs to be informed of this oversite on His Large-eared Highness’s page. They seem to think he flew with the 845 Naval Air Squadron, which has been flying helos since 1955 or so.

Except that she shook the hands of an AIDS patient at a time when the population at large still thought it was a dangerous thing to do, and made it easier for these patients to receive the love and support they need.

Yeah, I’d say that deserved a medal.

French and Russians did the right thing with their blood suckers.

French and Russians did the right thing with their blood suckers.

I’m wondering if the French and Russians did the right thing with their blood suckers?
(Actually, I prefer the Norwegian model. I used to think the Royals should be put up against the wall, but now I think hey, a lot of British people adore them, they’re a tradition, they’re fairly unique. They just don’t have to be as astonishingly rich and feted as they are. Or if they’re allowed to retain their money and lands, they at least should be paying tax, and not drawing a penny from the taxpayer. I could live with a non-constitutional “cycling monarchy”.)

Royals in UK are the main reason people go there for vacation,without them nobody would go to UK(awfull food,rain,everything is expensive,etc)so let them royal clowns live. :wink:
There are much better places to go for vacation in mainland Europe (france ,spain,
italy,grece etc).

The only point was to “pass the message” to the “population at large”. But she knew it wasn’t dangerous. It was only significant because she was famous and it was widely reported. But the action in itself wasn’t heroical or anything, and not exceptionnally praise-worthy. Or else send our way the medals we rightfully deserved too.

So… what you’re saying is that even in a land with no nobility (hell, a land founded on the very premise that nobility should not exist), rich fuck-ups can make it to the top of the ladder.

So, what’s the point in abolishing monarchies, if they’ll just be substituted by pseudo-noble rich families controlling the nation at hand for decades on end?

Personally, I’d rather pay €1 billion per annum in taxes for a harmless and impotent (in the sense of having no real power) royal family, than have to vote for whichever of two fine white gentlemen the lobbies of Big Industry coughs up every four years.

But that’s just me.