Prince Harry working in the USA?

Well, he did serve in war zones.

Flying helicopters in combat.

That makes me sick.

There are a lot of different visa types which allow the holder to work, entertainment, special skills, company sponsored etc, you don’t need a green card to work in the US just the right visa type. A CR1 visa is for a spouse of a US citizen and allows the holder to work. , From my experience you need to have you correct visa sorted before turning up at the boarder. I guess some of the time they were in Canada was spent sorting that aspect out.

Actually, the rule says Canadians receiving British titles have to have the approval of the Canadian government. Usually, this is not a problem - they are prominent citizens being recognized for meritorious service of some sort. Conrad Lord Singsing of Crossharbour ran the Canadian newspaper equivalent of Fox News at the time, wrote many editorials trashing the Liberal government of the day, then was incensed when Prime Minister Chretien invoked the rule to deny him the lordship he had bought and paid for. (So obviously, a meaningful title).

Why he is still allowed back in the country, being a non-citizen and convicted felon, is beyond me. basically, because he’s married to a prominent Canadian. He still manages to write the occasional tripe, so is obviously allowed to work here too. Certainly the USA puts greater hurdles in the way of foreigners with felony convictions wanting residence and employment.

As for Meghan - as mentioned, her title is a courtesy like “Mrs. Windsor-Mountbatten”, not an actual noble title specifically awarded to her. (Unlike, I assume, how Philip was given specific titles). And as long as she’s not a holder of any office in the US government, not even an issue. Even if she was, congress it seems can give an exemption. Do they do so often? I assume when some politician is given, say, an honorary knighthood in Britain, then congress must approve.

I assume the converse is true, having been granted a foreign title and accepting it, the person is disqualified from any federal office until they renounce it or congress grants a waiver?

No. It only prohibits serving officials from accepting such a thing, not from possessing it, and there is no disqualification involved at all. In the case of tangible gifts, I think Congress has given blanket authorization to accept them as gifts to the nation (but the recipient has to give them up); I’m not sure there is any actual enforceable law on something intangible, though. So a federal officer who accepted a peerage while in office would be subject to employment discipline if an employee (like being fired) or political consequences (like impeachment or expulsion or not being re-elected).

Like with university Chancellors and Vice-Chancellors, we all know its the Deputy Impact Officer who does all the work, but you can’t have a deputy without someone holding the chief ceremonial position.

I impacted the Sheriff, but I did not impact the Deputy.

It is also possible to get a green card with enough money:

Just invest a million in US business and you’re good. A barrier for you or me, but I expect not much of one for Harry.

Two reasons why not
TONA has never been ratified.
Even if it did, it would not apply to her. SHE was not given a title, her husband was and being called “Duchess” is a courtesy.

They can if Congress approves. So theoretically Joe Biden could become a Duke or Kamala Haris an Earl if Congress says it’s OK.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Huh.

What if a Duke marries a dude? Would that be Duke and Duke of XYZ?

What if it’s the woman who holds the title? Is the husband of a woman who is Duchess in her own right automatically a Duke? Or not? (The husband of a Queen Regnant is Prince Consort, not King).

That would be jus uxoris. I do not believe any British titles work like that.

Military veteran with some command experience, directing military aircraft which is sort of like an air traffic controller though I don’t think he’d have the skill set to be ATC without further training, and he also is a helicopter pilot. So not totally uneducated.

The only people who receive titles by marriage are women who are married to men. The husband of a peer, or the husband or wife of a peeress in her own right, gets nothing.

He’s not inherently anything. Prince Philip held all of his titles in his own right; obviously he was only a duke and a British prince because of who he married, but those were given to him directly rather than coming automatically from the marriage.

And he was never Prince Consort. Albert was the only one who had that title.

By coincidence, Duke Franz of Bavaria, who by some arguments is the real King of the United Kingdom, is gay and has a partner, Thomas Greinwald. They aren’t married however.

Where a man holds a peerage in her own right, his wife gets styled in the female form of that title, but the reverse is not true. For gay marriages the issue hasn’t been resolved yet, simply because gay marriages have been around for a short time only. Ultimately it will either take a statute to answer this question, or a ruling of the King determining the matter. The King would make such a ruling only upon the advice of a designated committee of the House of Lords, and such a committee would only be set up ad hoc for the purpose of deciding a claim brought before it. The last time this happened was in 1997, so it’s very infrequent; but the mechanism is there to proceed in case the gay spouse of a peer were to make such a claim.

Summon the Elector Counts!