PRO EVO, by Tomotom Stiftung. ... WHAT?

I got an unsolicited (I don’t think…) book in the mail today entitled “Pro Evo”, subtitled “Pro Evolution - Guideline for an Age of Joy”, with a card reading:

At first scan it reads very much like a Unification Church (“Moonies”) book I once took in the late 1980s, as part of my self-study in Comparative Religions Of The NYC Subway (along with rather entertaining “Jews for Jesus” pamphlets, issues of “The Watchtower” in both English and Spanish, and random New Age stuff). But it’s also kind of anti-religious, it purports that There Is No God as one of its cornerstones.

Weird. I wonder how I got it? Even Wikipedia has nothing to say about its apparent author, “Tomotom Stiftung”. His “Foundation” is Verlag Asama AG in Chur, Switzerland, and the book (including “this English translation”) was printed in Germany.

Googling for this book’s title and author turned up mostly bewildered queries like mine of “where did this come from? / why did I get this book?”, along with over 150 “new and used” copies for sale on Amazon.com, mostly for $0.01, though there are four sellers labeling their copies as “collectible” (one of them going so far as to describe the book as “destined to become a classic”) and thus offered at $15.00 to $20.60. (HA!)

I had never heard of this thing, but being bored I decided to use my honored master level Google Fu. There’s not much on the web about it, But I found two videos of guys blogging about it:

The closest thing I could find with information (and I use that word very loosely) in a text format is this comment board thread on something called “Missouri Loves Company”, which appears to be somebody’s blog

It’s a safe link, and an interesting read if you can wade through all the “Igot it 2!” chaff, there are some very sane posts speculating on what kinds of mailing lists the people who are sending these thing out are using. But I warn you, a good portion of the posts are a whole bucketfull of crazy. But, Hell, that’s what made the thread interesting. Here’s my favorite comment:

Enjoy your investigation into the far fringe.

Stiff tongue!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Pro-Evo..