Probably futile digital camera question

Unless you want a DSLR, a Canon G12, or a Nikon P7000 you have to give up on a real optical view finder at all. Many ultrazooms have electronic view finders but those cameras don’t have the feel of an old film camera.

I’d love the S95 if it had an optical view finder. I’d buy it in a second.

I know, but I thought I’d mention the absence since KlondikeGeoff would like a digital camera which emulates the old film cameras. I know viewfinder wasn’t mentioned and perhaps he doesn’t mind taking photos using the LCD only but it may be something he hasn’t thought about.

I’d give up a lot of bells and whistles in a second (eg being able to shoot video) for a viewfinder. I ‘upgraded’ from my old Ixus last year to an SX210IS. I hate it because of the lack of viewfinder. I do have a dSLR which I use 99% of the time but I’d still like to have a compact (with a viewfinder) as my carry-around-all-the-time camera. An s95 would also be my compact of choice but I think I’m going to have to get a G12, which isn’t as compact or as light as I’d like.

Wow, man, this is really cool. the viewfinder is great too. I could not find out what battery it uses, which is important too.

Just what I wanted. As soon as it comes down from $4000 to $3000, I’ll buy it. :smiley:

Well, happy days are ahead for you. The retail is $1200. Hell, if you’re having trouble finding it (no doubt you are), you can Buy It Now on eBay for $1750.