Problems Arise from Threads Being Moved Out of The Pit

The thread was moved at 12:57 a.m. eastern time on Saturday, which is the same minute as Miller’s mod note. If you have a screen grab, it probably shows the thread redirect. The other possibility is that you hadn’t refreshed the page in several hours, like Musicat suggests. But the thread was definitely moved at that time and the mod note was posted at that time.

She wasn’t Pitting people who didn’t follow the Ten Commandments. This is the OP:

That’s not a Pitting of anybody. It’s a discussion topic. The OP may have expected some flaming; she seemed kind of indifferent to the possibility. This is the only insult that was posted while the thread was in the Pit:

Which wouldn’t be allowed in GD, but it’s not egregious. If 10 posters had torn the OP a new one, I think the thread probably would not have been moved. Your comments about the attitude the mods take to this sort of thing - that we’re casually ignoring what the OP wants and being self-indulgent and peremptory - is inaccurate and doesn’t add anything to the discussion. The thread wasn’t a Pitting. Miller made a very understandable call and did nothing wrong. You happened to overlook his instructions. You weren’t warned for that. You could’ve been, but even if it had happened, it would’ve been small potatoes unless you made a habit of ignoring what forum you were posting in. I don’t think threads get moved out of the Pit all that often, but it’s sometimes appropriate and I think this is one of those times.