Pronouns and idiot fascists

Women and girls no longer have the right to yell for help if a naked man makes use of the women’s locker room. It’s considered bigotry to act on the assumption that the penis-owning person standing in front of you is actually a man rather than a woman occupying a man’s body.

It is considered hate speech just for me to post this comment, presumably because I’m asserting the possibility that a man could still be a man in the women’s locker room. Failing to pretend that men magically transmute into women as soon as they enter the room is a hate crime.

I’m left wondering what I’m supposed to be advising my daughters to do when they are old enough to use public facilities on their own. No one has been able to give me a good answer to this question. If I tell them to immediately flee and get help if they spot a man in the restroom, will I be setting them up for public shaming for “gender profiling”?

But if I don’t tell them to do that and something like this situation happens, then have I failed to adequately prepare for this world? A world where men do really fucked up things to women every day, and often get away with it?

Again, no one has been able to answer this question for me. It’s transphobic to even contemplate it, apparently. Even though I’m talking about men, somehow no one can engage questions about men and women anymore. It has to be more than that, and women can’t let their concerns about male violence be heard without being silenced (which I’m betting the mods will once again do to me).

2022 is the most misogynistic year on record in my generation’s lifetime. It is actually a toss up between which side of the aisle is worse right now.