PullUps take a page from the White House's playbook...or so it seems

I saw an advertisement just a couple minutes ago for what are officially called PullUps® GoodNites® Disposable Absorbent Underpants. I’ve seen ads for the product before, yes, but this one caught my eye.

This one had a small child talking into the camera about how he always had problems wetting the bed until he tried GoodNites. Simple, huh? Well, when I looked at it, before they said what the product was, I was surprised at how much it looked like another commercial.

The child’s face fills almost the entire screen. What isn’t filled up by the child’s face is covered by a black background.

I swear, it looks just like one of those commercials from the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy that say if you buy drugs, you support terrorism.

There’s one in the ONDCP’s series that has a person saying what they did on a given day, starting normal, but ending with a terrorist act.

Until the end, I had no idea what this meant. “Children buy drugs? Wetting the bed is common in children…”

Although this does give me a new fodder for humor:

“Last night, I went to bed, and when I woke up, I had killed a famiwy in Cowumbia.”

WETTING THE BED SUPPORTS TERRORISM.
IF YOU WET THE BED YOU MIGHT TOO.

Osama Bin Laden is hiding under your child’s bed, ready to steal his soiled sheets and sell them to buy nuclear weapons for Al-Quaeda.

It’s true!

If they’ve got dirty diapers, they don’t need nuclear weapons.

“Sir, we think Al-Qaeda has the BabyPoop Bomb!”

jayjay