Pulp fiction question

Another nice tidbit that isn’t explicitly stated in the movie: Remember when Vincent was bitching to Eric Stoltz about someone keying his car? The keying was done by Butch after their confrontation in the bar. I think I heard this on the DVD commentary from the mouth of The Man himself…TRM

How sure are you that you heard that from The Man himself? We’ve been over that detail before and a lot of people think Butch isn’t a pussy who would key a car.

Man, I don’t even have an opinion.

I don’t know, Marcellus is mafia after all. He and Jules seemed to have a friendship that went beyond a mere boss & henchman relationship. Jules could probably walk away from the mob without any repercussions, I’m not sure Vincent would have had the same luxury.

Inspired by his earlier dealings with Jimmy, he decided to go into business storing dead n-

Nope, can’t do it.

Marcellus Wallace don’t look Italian to me?

That’s not the question! The question is “does he look like a bitch?”. Yeah yeah, I know it’s been quoted here already.

“What happened here was a miracle, and I want you to fucking acknowledge it!”

(Sorry, had to make the correction. The dialogue in that movie is so well done.)

Sorry. Mafia has become a generic name for organized crime over here. Anyways, usually you can’t quit organized crime all willy nilly. At least in fiction you can’t.

What???

English mother fucker, do you speak it?!

Yeah, I thought it was contrived too. But that’s a good point. Of course Butch encountered Marcellus outside his apartment. Marcellus was looking for him.

And Jules wandered the earth learning the ways of The Force.

Say “What” again! C’mon, say “What” again! I dare ya, I double dare ya motherfucker, say “What” one more goddamn time!

Wow that is true, that Jules would have been with Vincent at Butchs house and keeping a lookout. But why Vincent leaves a machine gun out in the kitchen is stupid anyway. Is he nuts??? He didnt learn after he left heroin in his coat pocket? Haha

I’m not sure that was Vincent’s.

Isn’t the idea that – suddenly minus Jules – Marcellus is, personally, teaming up with Vincent to rummage through everything at Butch’s place in hopes of finding a clue as to where he went? That would explain why Marcellus is in the vicinity, acting like he’s heading back there with coffee and donuts or whatever; so maybe figure that Marcellus left his big gun back at Butch’s place when he eventually stepped out to do that, only carrying a smaller backup weapon that can be discreetly holstered.

And so, if you like, figure Vince has his own weapons on his person when he uses the bathroom during that brief window of opportunity – which ends badly for him, but, hey, it’s not his place to handle his employer’s [del]wife[/del] weapon.

I figure the gun in the kitchen was totally Vincent’s. It fits in with Vincent’s consistent incompetence throughout the entire picture.

Maybe Vincent left his gun on the counter and hit the can while Marcellus was still there, then Marcellus says he’s going for coffee.

There you have it, gun on counter, Vincent on can, Marcellus in street.:cool:

Vincent goes to the bathroom three times in that movie, and every time he does something really bad happens.

I have a question about Vincent. He’s in a black suit at the beginning which gets ruined. He’s in one (although the collar is different) a day or two later when he goes out with Mia. And I think he’s in one at the fight when he sees Mia again, and the next day when he gets shot at Butch’s apartment. How many black suits does he own?

In the sequel, Jules puts on a tartan kilt, flies to England and sells fake party drugs. The part about walking the earth was but a brief interlude between his criminal enterprises.

For me, the loose end was Mia. She just kind of disappeared from the story.

She shows up after Butch’s fight when Marcellus goes to inspect the dead boxer. Vincent asks how she’s doing, and Mia says, “I never thanked you for dinner.”