Pure Cannibalism--Nutritionally Complete?

Would a diet consisting entirely in human meat be nutritionally complete?

What’s the matter? Local grocery stores ran out of turkeys?

Yes!..But It must be raw or you lose the vitamin C.
And your meal must not be starving or malnourished.
Whatever you were planning, I must warn you about my high cholesterol.

I dunno, I think the calcium is mostly in the bones and teeth.

You’d definitely have to eat the eyes and brain and everything.

[Seinfeld voice]

Who’s there?!

Are you hungry? … You look hungry.Get outa’ here!

[/voice]

There are a number of vitamins that are not stored or synthesized by the human body in significant amounts, including B[sub]3[/sub], C, and thiamin (B[sub]1[/sub]). The human body also does not give the appropriate balance of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. A diet on lean human flesh will be excessive in proteins, while the typical Western person will have too much fat, both interstitial and subcutaneous.

Stranger

Depends how you define “nutritionally complete.”

Cannibalism results in mad cow disease. So, regardless of whether you get all the daily recommended allowances of Vitamin X, if your brain is melting, does that really count as being healthy?

Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD) is a transmissible spongiform encephalopathy (TSE) that is caused by a malformed protein (a beta-folded sheet conformation) called a prion. This can also occur naturally in people due to a genetic defect. You could only get vCJD by eating the brain (or parts of the body that may contain free prions) of someone who has CJD or vCJD. This is less likely than contracting any of the number of infectious diseases and parasites that may be resident in otherwise healthy-appearing people.

Stranger