Pushing Daisies 10/15

I heard the shooting schedule and scene changes were to be reduced and that the execs were afraid the show was too quirky.

You can’t blame poor Pigby for doing what she was bred to do! It was unintentional, I tell you! It’s in her genes! (I’d make a great porcine defense lawyer, wouldn’t I?)

I can’t help but wonder how she got to the top of the bell tower, though. More than once, too. I think her legs are too short to climb stairs.

I missed that, the sound was too low and I struggled to hear for a while when Olive and the sister were talking then I gave up and turned up the sound. Actually, the whole show seems to be recorded at a low volume, the commercials don’t have that problem.

She smelled truffles and nothing would hold her back. :cool:

I think the step-brother thing was a lie that they told Chuck. But I’m not sure. Because I’ve been very, very wrong about Chuck’s family.

Still, why couldn’t the detective find out anything about Chuck’s father? That didn’t quite make sense. I could see the mother being a dead end (since she was imaginary) but the father?

Loved Ned’s face when he was eating. And the shrug when he found out how else the table had been used. Strong performances all around in that episode

I’m leaning towards Charles Charles not being Chuck’s biological father. After all, how could Vivian’s fiance be able to explain the sudden appearance of a baby daughter, since the only possible answer is that he’d cheated on Vivian with the baby’s unnamed mother?

I’m assuming, of course, that Lily wanted to protect her sister from the fact that her fiance was being unfaithful, as opposed to protecting her from finding out that Lily was The Other Woman.

As much as I loved the nunnery subplot, I’m glad they finally wrapped it up. It was starting to drag out a little bit, and I’m so very happy to see Olive back at the Pie Hole where she belongs (not to mention that the air has been cleared between her and the piemaker, which hopefully paves the way for the return of the lonesome homeopathic salesman she clearly belongs with).

My SO wanted to go to bed early (she doesn’t like the show - I know, I know I’m thinking about moving out) and she knows how I get with this show (all giggly and excited) so she asked me to please keep it down.

And then the second scene is Olive going into Emerson’s office. I burst out laughing, getting louder as Emerson got louder. My SO walked in, muted the TV, and went back to bed. Which only made me laugh even more.

It was actually established that the genealogist couldn’t find out anything MORE about Chuck’s father than what she already knew, not that he was a blank slate.

What was up with the plinky music when Olive and Emerson discovered LaRue’s stash? That was distracting.

“Dear Penthouse Forum: …”

-Joe

I agree with what jayjay said about how they resolve things in a timely manner on this show- with one exception. Why aren’t Ned & Chuck getting more creative with the Saran wrap? We’ve seen only one kiss between them, and that was last season! If I were Ned, I’d be devoting a LOT of time to inventing a full-body condom or something.

Re: the full-body condom:
I see they already exist!

I agree - definitely Emmy bait episode for her.

There was a comment in one of the first two episodes - ned to emerson - that spoke to this - along the lines of “we’ve been creative, I’ve even created devices”

Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall that exchange.

I did a search and found this quote, attributed to Bryan Fuller, on a “spoiler” website:

“They are meant to be together, that’s the relationship to root for. And we’re implying that things are progressing with their intimacy. There’s bedtime contraptions; there’s some bedtime, classic sexy—I think episode eight is when you see the device.”

I’m probably going straight to hell but I thought that Ned looked hot dressed up as a Priest.

Didn’t Chuck say that her father met Lily and Vivian when they were already in their twenties? That makes their romantic/sexual relationships seem less creepy to me than if they had met and grew up together as children.

I’m still not sure how Charles would have explained Chuck to Vivian, though.

I really don’t think they are step-sisters to Charles. I think that is just another lie that has been told to Chuck.

Better than Emerson saying, sort of sotto voce “We’re MOTORIN’…”? I just about lost it then. :smiley:

This was indeed a strong episode. The first couple this year, I was losing interest, but it seems they’ve hit their stride again. And yes, Ned was indeed hot as a priest.

Heh. I found myself thinking about how nice his arms looked, and then thinking that his entire person looked pretty darn good. I then remembered he was dressed as a priest and creeped myself out, especially because I’ve never before found Ned particularly attractive.