Q&A about the French

Ok, Desmo, sorry if I wasn’t clear.
The OP is full of anti-French “jokes”.

Musicguy asks how long would the thread remain civil if the jokes were about Blacks or Gays.

Ike replies with examples of the same type of stereotyping displayed in the OP but with different targets. a “relating example”.

the point of doing that is it shows how ignorant it is to stereotype. It is a valid debating technique.
My use of “cromulent” was an attempt at a Simpsons reference.

He’s correct, Twisty…that should be “is a perfectly cromulent manner of displaying the fault of a statement.” And “sorry” should be capitalized. And the comma after “relating example” should be placed within the quotation marks.

Damn Dubliners. All that Joyce has mucked with your minds and affected your ability to write correctly and effectively. :slight_smile:

Why would it be inside the quotation marks?

Ike probably understands my response.

After all, sarcasm is in the eye of the beholder.

Forgive my intrusion, I’m just on cliché patrol.

Jackmannii - Where else in the “universe” are they suffering “revulsion”, and will you be rejoining them shortly, presumably aboard the Mothership ?

Because Turabian says so?

Seriously though, commas, periods, etc. always go inside the quotes. Or is this just an American thing?

I think you mean “credulity patrol”.

Damn you for bringing Turabian into this. I’m staring at that manual now.

I hate using Turabian.

Check 6:181-184.

And Turabian has saved me lots of grief from my professors. The only people who may have more of my gratitude are Strunk and White.

I don’t have a 6:181-184. What I do find on multiple punctuation is 3: 103-110.
(I’m using A Manual for writers of Term papers, theses, and dissertations 6th edition).

Ah. I’m using A Student’s Guide for Writing College Papers Third Edition.

Well, look THAT up in your Funk and Wagnalls.

Q What do you call a general that loses to an numerically inferior enemy and then runs away so that he won’t be a POW with his men?
A An American war hero.

Seen on ebay:
American battleship for sale
Some water damage
Never used-surprised once

No need to provoke Barks, the point has been made.