Q: Regis' Millionaire Show...

Did anyone catch this past Sunday’s episode of “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” which aired on the Gameshow Network? I am not a regular watcher; I was just flipping channels when this show caught my eye the previous night (Sat) when it was supposed to be continued on Sunday night, but I forgot to watch. :frowning: (Are these repeats, or not?)

Anyway, the contestant was a 19 year old who was only 3 right answers away from being a millionaire. Did he make it? You might recall this contestant was an avid reader of encyclopedias.

Also, has anyone made it? If so, how many have made it? And, finally, what happened to that copy-cat game show with the bitchy, hostile game show host? Did that go the way of the dodo bird?

Living in a cave,

• Jinx

Regis hasn’t filmed any WWTBAM episodes in quite a while, that would have to be a repeat - right now they’re taping a daytime version hosted by Meredith Viera. The format’s a little different, contestants go straight to the “hot seat”, no preliminary round. They’ve had a man and a woman win the million dollars. I just happened to be a contestant when they taped the man’s million-dollar episode, so I was watching in the green room. Now THAT was exciting!

Can’t answer your other questions.

Nine people won the million-dollar prize on Who Wants to Be A Millionaire during its ABC run with Regis Philbin as host. (source: TVGameShows.net, Wikipedia.org)

The Weakest Link, hosted by Anne Robinson, ended its run in 2002 on NBC. A syndicated version hosted by George Gray still airs in reruns on GSN.