Queen's Gambit on Netflix

Tarantino’s TQG would end on a freeze-frame of a bloodied Beth, screaming triumphantly, her eyes animalistic with rage, the knives still in her hand.

What if The Queen’s Gambit were written by somebody else?

I was once fortunate enough to be on the Stuttgart art-museum set of Joss Whedon’s The Avengers. The labels of the art exhibits on display, far too small to be read by anyone seeing the movie, were nevertheless in German.

I was in New York City and there was a showing of Harry Potter movie props. One of the props was a fully functional board game, complete with rules, cards, and playing pieces, of which they made only 1 copy, for a scene which the kids were playing this game on film. An amazing amount of craftmanship and detail.

They cared enough to place the correct (ish)* books from a closer angle. Caspers and Hot Stuff books. But from a longer angle (though the books can clearly be seen) it was a smattering of late 80s to early 90s books. So again, someone cared enough to get ‘old books’ but not period ones?

• Even I didn’t care enough to look and see if they were actual period correct vintage Hot Stuff and Casper books.

But thanks all for the hilarious ‘what if a different director did Queens Gambit’ thread (no sarcasm)

Oh, I see I’m not the only idiot who noticed. Well rather then be drawn in with Patton Oswalt, I resign my position.

Finally finished it. My only objection is at the every end how all the men in her life got back together to support her.

Reminded me greatly of Liz Lemons hallucination in the dentist office where she thought all the men in her life and gathered together to give her a ride home.

I have to wonder if that series could/would have been made post-Ukraine invasion.