QUEER EYE spelling question (a GQ really):

How do you spell the word Carson uses that means rolling up the sleeves or fingering the hair into place? It sounds something like “Zyuge”.


I’d say zhuzh.

According to Carson on the QE message board:

Tjuzs, Tjuzing, Tjuzed.

I would spell it juge but that’s 'cause I’m all about French phonetics this semester. I guess the vowel sound in juge is too rounded. But the /j/ sound is much closer than the /dj/ that english uses.