You know how kitchen ranges used to have a stovepipe that went into the wall and vented outside? (And now, if you live in an old house, the holes for those pipes are sometimes covered with charming pie plate art.)
Why aren’t gas stoves vented anymore? Are they putting out less carbon monoxide than before? Or is it because modern stoves have range hoods?
The reason I ask is because some older friends of mine have a gas stove, a gas heater, and their carbon monoxide alarm keeps going off. They are kind of agoraphobic and dislike having strangers enter their home, but they’ve been having headaches and feeling ill, and I’m worried.